Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    I am not really one for a debate. My solitary hunting and time in the woods is extended into my everyday life, and my "friends" can be counted on one hand. That is why I get so much enjoyment from this forum.

I just live in my own skin, but I do get extremely opinionated when cornered. I wish hunters would refrain from putting stuff on their pickup windows like "if it flys it dies". This just makes us look like simple minded thugs.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 58 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tttoadman View Post
    I am not really one for a debate. My solitary hunting and time in the woods is extended into my everyday life, and my "friends" can be counted on one hand. That is why I get so much enjoyment from this forum.

I just live in my own skin, but I do get extremely opinionated when cornered. I wish hunters would refrain from putting stuff on their pickup windows like "if it flys it dies". This just makes us look like simple minded thugs.
    I am very much the same ttt. I have few freinds, the ones I do have are hunters, most not as crazy about it as I am however. I don't mingle with non hunters much, except for a few in-laws. They respect my hunting lifestyle, even the vegan one! I have a difficult time getting through the day without talking about hunting, so as far as strangers go, I usually just avoid them. During hunting or scouting trips, I very rarely wear camo in public, just so people dont ask "Are you going hunting??" I'm not ashamed of being a hunter, I just don't want to explain why I am one.

As far as stickers go, I have RMEF, FNAWS, OHA

Banned
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I liked my friends to be non hunters. That way they didn't ask to come hunting with me.
    Last edited by Old Hunter; 07-02-2013 at 10:12 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Im not much of an "advertiser" either, as far as wearing camo everyday or putting any stickers on my vehicles, but I am open for discussion if it comes up and am more than willing to stand my ground and defend my hunting beliefs and the 2nd. I'm not willing to "budge" or do much compromising with the antis, I feel they are like a leech that cannot be satisfied until they can not only destroy the hunting industry but also the people that believe in it. I think it is very important that we stand together and do not make any division amongst the hunting crowd. With that being said, each hunter needs to understand we are a representative of what we stand for, therefore being ethical and law-abiding in our pursuits.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I'm not afraid to advertise the fact that I am a hunter and shooter. I wear hats and T shirts almost everyday that show this. I have decals on my truck too... RMEF, Ducks Unlimited, NRA, etc. Almost all my friends are either hunters or shooters so I really don't have much problem there. I'm not doing things an a daily basis that require me to be around lots of people I don't know, except for shopping and I try not to have an "in your face" attitude about this .....and politics too.

I live in a pretty conservative area of the state and lots of this area's economy is dependant on hunters and fisherman. Lots of signs and banners show up at businesses during hunting season that say "Hunters Welcome". There were huge banners across the main steet in town about our recent local Gun Show. Nice to live in an area like this. Can't imagine this going on in LA or New York
    Last edited by Colorado Cowboy; 07-03-2013 at 06:52 AM.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Banned
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    I wear a RMEF hat 100% of the time, and nobody has ever commented on it. My town is pretty hunter friendly though.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Cowboy View Post
    Unfortunately this not an isolated case! There is a county road that accesses the NF right near my house and during/after hunting season is littered with trash thats thrown out of vehicles. Beer & soda cans mostly. Lots of the camps are left in a mess too.

Kudos for picking up the leavings. We are our own worst enemies.
    I hear you Cowboy. I visited a friend in Casper, Wy. last year, we went out to a local shooting area (BLM) south of Casper. I could hardly believe my eyes! There were Refrigerators,stoves, computers hauled out there (20miles) and shot to pieces. Trash and litter, shot shell empties, steel ammo cases lying everywhere. There were piles of nails and broken glass at every shooting turn-out for miles!
    BLM timbers to define parking areas were shot off at ground level, and even trees were shot all to hell.
    Now I know that there were plenty of hunters to blame for that mess, but non-hunting pleasure shooters are to blame as well, but the neighboring rancher with the BLM grazing lease blamed HUNTERS. I'm pretty sure BLM will shut the place down fairly soon, what with all the environmental damage done...we are "Our own Worst Enemies".

Thanks
    Congratulations
    This is an Online Fabrics Site.I like it.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by almightytextiles View Post
    This is an Online Fabrics Site.I like it.
    SPAMThis crappola neds to disappear in a hurry!!!

e
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley