Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

How we portray hunting to non hunters.

I just read read Ryan Hatfield's 1 page editorial on how we represent our sport in the eyes of non hunters through social media in his magazine. It is a great read for everyone that hunts. He reminds us to keep a civil tone and argue with facts not emotion (kind of like our long range threads on here!). Ryan explains it is easy to turn people off to hunting and turn them to the dark side (PETA). Just something to think about. If you get a chance you should read it.
    A bad day in the woods is better than a good day at work.
    Shoot the best, Shoot PSE!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by In God We Trust View Post
    I just read read Ryan Hatfield's 1 page editorial on how we represent our sport in the eyes of non hunters through social media in his magazine. It is a great read for everyone that hunts. He reminds us to keep a civil tone and argue with facts not emotion (kind of like our long range threads on here!). Ryan explains it is easy to turn people off to hunting and turn them to the dark side (PETA). Just something to think about. If you get a chance you should read it.
    I completely agree, it was a great write up!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Kinda funny story, yesterday after work I went to a pub close to the house it was 114 degrees and my shirt was lined with salt rings. I was craving a frosty mug of coors light. When I walked in I sat in a corner with the intention of having a beer and headed home to work on the hunny do list. There was a tv that no one was watching so I politely asked the bartender to put on 604 (outdoor channel) while I relaxed for a moment. She changed the channel and half way thru my beer a guy sat next to me. He started watching the tv and off he went at the mouth. His tone went up and up and up. He started asking my opinion and he was rather offensive at my comments. He started getting loud with his point of view and I responded with " im not the type that needs to get my point across loudly to be heard. (He was inching closer and closer because I was basically whispering) I prefer to earn my meat you prefer to buy yours. Either way we enjoy cooking and eating it" he had a pause for a moment. Stated he needed to use the restroom and never returned. Most antis are just looking for something to believe in bigger than themselves. And most others just need to get a few more hobbies.
    http://www.solooutdoor.com/ Contact me for used optic specials!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to hardstalk For This Useful Post:

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Very cool. I will try and read it when I can. I've always liked Ryan and think he is in the rite with his writings.
    I don't Break the rules, I Modify them.

Banned
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by hardstalk View Post
    Kinda funny story, yesterday after work I went to a pub close to the house it was 114 degrees and my shirt was lined with salt rings. I was craving a frosty mug of coors light. When I walked in I sat in a corner with the intention of having a beer and headed home to work on the hunny do list. There was a tv that no one was watching so I politely asked the bartender to put on 604 (outdoor channel) while I relaxed for a moment. She changed the channel and half way thru my beer a guy sat next to me. He started watching the tv and off he went at the mouth. His tone went up and up and up. He started asking my opinion and he was rather offensive at my comments. He started getting loud with his point of view and I responded with " im not the type that needs to get my point across loudly to be heard. (He was inching closer and closer because I was basically whispering) I prefer to earn my meat you prefer to buy yours. Either way we enjoy cooking and eating it" he had a pause for a moment. Stated he needed to use the restroom and never returned. Most antis are just looking for something to believe in bigger than themselves. And most others just need to get a few more hobbies.
    What would you have said if he said he didn't eat meat? That's the line I usually get. Even if they are lying about it.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    this guy stated in the beginning that "I love a good steak as much as the next guy". however my wife has a few female friends that swing that way. I'm always very open to it in my opinion you have 80-100 years max on earth spend it doing what you wanna do and as long as it doesn't effect me i'm all for it. they all enjoy shooting the bow when they come over and they enjoy the smell of the burgers ill cook but for some reason there not into meat.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I was up shooting in the woods today and drove by a campsite littered with shotgun shells and broken bottles everywhere. That is the kind of crap the anti crowd uses to shut shooting and hunting down on public land. The dumb SOB's that left that crap there should loose their hunting privileges for 5 years and have their guns auctioned off for charity. I hate having to pick up after degenerate people giving our sport a black eye!
    A bad day in the woods is better than a good day at work.
    Shoot the best, Shoot PSE!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I read the article. It was well written but I certainly don't agree with all of it. Especially the political correctness part. I'm not going to change the way I talk just so I don't ruffle some bunny hugger's feathers.
    Arise... Kill, Eat! - Acts 10:13

Banned
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    I don't think you'll change the minds of tree huggers, and they have all the fuel they need everytime an animal is killed while hunting.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I was up shooting in the woods today and drove by a campsite littered with shotgun shells and broken bottles everywhere. That is the kind of crap the anti crowd uses to shut shooting and hunting down on public land. The dumb SOB's that left that crap there should loose their hunting privileges for 5 years and have their guns auctioned off for charity. I hate having to pick up after degenerate people giving our sport a black eye!
    Unfortunately this not an isolated case! There is a county road that accesses the NF right near my house and during/after hunting season is littered with trash thats thrown out of vehicles. Beer & soda cans mostly. Lots of the camps are left in a mess too.

Kudos for picking up the leavings. We are our own worst enemies.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley