Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Eastpark Bull Elk

I put in for this hunt never thinking I would draw this tag. I had originally selected point only on the application but changed it at the last minute just for the excitement of when the results are posted. I wasn't planning on hunting this year because I recently became of father of two beautiful girls. Fortunately my wife realizes that this is the hunt of a lifetime and I have been given the OK to make this a memorable hunt.

Do to the fact that their is very limited public ground on which to hunt and only able to hunt on that ground for four days I am asking for any information on local land owners or any past tag holders with any advice. I have already started collecting some info from some friends who live in the area. I have heard the names of a couple of guides in the area who have permission. Trying to avoid hunting with a stranger on this special hunt and willing to pay a trespass fee if required.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Wish I could help you on that one 00BUCK but I know nothing about the area. Congrats on the two new girls as well as the tag. Good luck my friend. It will be the hunt of a lifetime for sure.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Thanks for the kind words sjsmallfield. I was recently looking at the record books and it looks like this hunt and the grizzly island hunt dominate the B&C entries. This particular hunt started in 2004 and with only two tags its seems like about half of them make book.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Being In a similar situation four years ago drawing a moose tag with twin boys born in the spring I can relate. Best of luck with the tag, one thing I did was make my wife frozen meals on the days I was gone, one less thing for her to worry about, plus recruit the in-laws to help during that time frame.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    East park has tremendous bulls. Bring your fishing pole as well as binoculars, you drew a great tag!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    That is an awesome tag! Just got back today from camping there. Saw about 25 cows in the upper part of the lake where the water has receded and left a lot of green forage accessible. No bulls though. I have been camping there for about 15 years and have hunted the DFG pig hunt. A good bet is to hunt the finger that splits the lake in two. Go into the Century Ranch subdivision and head all the way back to the Bureau of Reclamation property. There is usually about 7-10 bulls that hang out there. It is muzzleloader only. I saw 3 big bulls on the east side of the road heading from Stonyford to Ladoga on memorial weekend about 2 miles from the Stonyford general store. They seem to be pretty used to humans. Chris Stoots is the warden in that area. I will try to get his number from my buddy if you would like to contact him. Good luck.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Thanks for the info, greatly appreciated. If u can get that number I would defiantly give him a call. Send me a pm.
    One of my friends sent me a picture of a bull believed to be taken on this hunt two years ago, ill upload it when I get a chance.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	elk.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	89.3 KB 
ID:	6037
    This is a pic of the tule elk believed to be taken on this hunt two yrs ago standing in the reservoir.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    wow what a toad! Congrats on a great tag.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375843274.681587.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	16.7 KB 
ID:	6199. Here is an 8x9 that I scouted this weekend. Got within bow range, he was with 5 other bulls including a nice 7x7. Not sure if their r bigger ones in the herd. Gonna make another scouting trip before the season starts in a month. I'll keep posting picks if u guys like. Getting pumped
    Last edited by 00BUCK; 08-07-2013 at 06:54 PM.