Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slider sights

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 19 Times in 2 Posts

Slider sights

I'm looking to get a three pin slider. Right now I'm looking at a black gold ascent with a 4 inch dove tail. Are there any other multi-pin sliders that are in the 200 range that are worth the money?

Second... if the sight moves, how do you keep a consistant anchor point/aim point? I haven't used a slider before so is this even an issue?
    Now therefore, please take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me.
    Genesis 27:3 (NKJV)

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have that exact set-up. It has a stop when it is maxed out at the top. You just set your top pin with the dial all the way up. That gives you a zero. My zero puts my top pin dead nuts at twenty.

I'm not sure about your first question. Sorry.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DryFlyGuy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Up to only today S&S Archery is having 10% off. I bought my BG AScent from them. You can get it custom from them for under $200. Your second question is not an issue

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob P For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob P View Post
    Up to only today S&S Archery is having 10% off. I bought my BG AScent from them. You can get it custom from them for under $200. Your second question is not an issue
    Bought the ascent with three pins and 4 inch dove tail today. Saved a little over 20 dollars and free shipping. Hard to beat that deal!
    Now therefore, please take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Ok, so another question on the slider sights. I have my BG ascent and am finally getting around to putting it on and getting ready to sight in. I have been shooting a fixed sight since I started into archery. This means that when I draw back, hit my anchor, and look through the peep, my sight is directly in line with my peep. Now with the slider sight, when it is adjusted for yardage, the sight housing moves. When I draw back after I have increased the yardage, the sight housing doesn't line up when I hit my anchor point. So my question is this... what do I do now? How do I line up the sight housing? Do I move my head around to line up the peep and the housing or just shoot with my normal anchor point with "daylight" around the top of the sight housing through the peep?

It seems like this should have a very simple answer of moving my head a little, but I just wanted to check and see what other people have been doing that has worked for them.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Not to high-jack this thread, but I have been looking at new sights for my bow and have wondered about these sights. Can anyone explain these sights to me? It looks like its a 3 pin fixed sight, but you can dial it it and all 3 pins move thus changing the position of all 3 pins at the same time. Am I getting this correct?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by tdcour View Post
    Ok, so another question on the slider sights. I have my BG ascent and am finally getting around to putting it on and getting ready to sight in. I have been shooting a fixed sight since I started into archery. This means that when I draw back, hit my anchor, and look through the peep, my sight is directly in line with my peep. Now with the slider sight, when it is adjusted for yardage, the sight housing moves. When I draw back after I have increased the yardage, the sight housing doesn't line up when I hit my anchor point. So my question is this... what do I do now? How do I line up the sight housing? Do I move my head around to line up the peep and the housing or just shoot with my normal anchor point with "daylight" around the top of the sight housing through the peep?

It seems like this should have a very simple answer of moving my head a little, but I just wanted to check and see what other people have been doing that has worked for them.
    I always match my sight window with my peep hole. You should keep it the same as the sight adjusts. So when its on zero and you anchor it should match up to when you have it set to 70,80 or 90 yards. Your view of the sight window in relation to the peep hole should be identical at all yardages. I hope that makes sense. Im my head it does just not sure I explained it well. Lol

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Elkfreak22 View Post
    I always match my sight window with my peep hole. You should keep it the same as the sight adjusts. So when its on zero and you anchor it should match up to when you have it set to 70,80 or 90 yards. Your view of the sight window in relation to the peep hole should be identical at all yardages. I hope that makes sense. Im my head it does just not sure I explained it well. Lol

I guess I am still confused... I have my 3 pins sighted in for 30, 40, and 50. When I am shooting at these distances the sight housing matches up with my peep perfectly, but when I move the dial to 90 and 100 yards, the whole sight housing moves down which causes the sight housing to not align with my peep anymore unless I move my head and try to center it that way. Basically my anchor point stays the same, but my head has to move to center the peep. I'm assuming as long as you always match your peep to your sight housing you should have any accuracy problems no matter the yardage, correct?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Work2hunt View Post
    Not to high-jack this thread, but I have been looking at new sights for my bow and have wondered about these sights. Can anyone explain these sights to me? It looks like its a 3 pin fixed sight, but you can dial it it and all 3 pins move thus changing the position of all 3 pins at the same time. Am I getting this correct?
    This is my version of a slider sight summary and the functions and uses of them. I got the 3 pin slider, which acts like a 3 pin fixed sight. You sight in these pins for your first 3 yardages... for me that is 30, 40, and 50 because my 20 and 30 are too close together. From there, you have what is called a sight tape that has all of the yardages on the tape you can "dial" the sight to. These yardages are only for your bottom pin, or in my case the 50 pin. So when I have the sight zeroed for my 30, 40, and 50, there is a little wire pointer that should be pointing at the 50. If I want to shoot 63 yards, I would move the sight where the wire pin is at 63 and shoot my bottom pin for 63 yards rather than 50.

Basically what I am using mine for is to have the closer shots where I don't have to adjust anything and if I need to shoot longer for some reason then I can. The main reason I bought one was to de-clutter my 7 pin sight to open up the sight picture and to practice at longer distances (100 yards) to make those 50 yard shots seem easier.

There are also drawbacks to the sights... you draw back and animal runs away from you... you either have to let down and re-range/re-dial the sight or guess where to hold over.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Yes