Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Toxic broadheads

Has anyone shot the new Flying Arrow toxic broadheads yet? Any thoughts on them?

Thanks
    I bought some. Haven't shot them yet, still getting my bow tuned with field points

Thanks
    I have seen them, not a fan. Blades that bend around bone mean they are done with the first shot. Looks like it takes more energy to penetrate farther. Think I will stick with ulmer edges, QAD exodus and slick tricks.

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk 🎯 🇺🇸
    2013 spyder turbo, 70lbs black out
    Limbdriver Pro V, Tight spot quiver, Single pin Hogg Father, Fuse carbon blade.
    Carter Squeeze me release, Easton FMJ's

AKA: Velvet Feather 

Thanks
    I would think straight blades would give you a bigger cutting diameter, the curved blade may give you more of a cutting edge, but you might end up missing something you would have nicked (like an artery) with a larger diameter.

Thanks
    I have not shot them, but am skeptical of the penetration of these broadheads.

Thanks
    im not gonna lie those really nice..... but again like you said that little tip from a regular broadhead hitting an artery would make the difference. i would like to see the guy shoot from a little farther away than 10 yards to see if its as accurate as the others

Thanks
    I saw an article on them. My opinion? Another gimmick that won't be around long. Some guys will use them where their not outlawed. Not legal for big game in Colorado.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by trkytrack2 View Post
    I saw an article on them. My opinion? Another gimmick that won't be around long. Some guys will use them where their not outlawed. Not legal for big game in Colorado.
    what makes them illegal?

Thanks
    I'd imagine the way they're built without a continuous back of the blade leading down to the main shaft, here in Washington, they'd be considered illegal since they'd be similar to a barb. Mechanicals are illegal here, too. I'd check with Fish&Game before I used one. My gut feeling is that they also aren't going to penetrate very well thanks to the frontal design. I'd also think they'd waste all the kinetic energy contained in a decently heavy hunting arrow, since I'd think they'd stop any spin instantly. there's some single-bevel heads out there that are designed to take advantage of the spin and cut more going in, sort of a spiral cut, if I understand their design correctly.

Thanks
    i have some, was going to use them on my bear hunt, when i started shooting at target i didnt like the way they were flying at 40'. the other day i was talking to the guys at the archery shops and they are sold onthe idea. i had my bow professionaly tuned and last night they were flying fantastic on my 400 easton st epics. suposedly, a video was made last year showing them harvesting animals, large bull, even a water buffalo. the simms card showing this was deleted and thats why we cant find any real videos of animals being harvested with them. i said earlier this year that i gave up on them but have my hopes back up and am going to chase elk and deer with them real soon. i will get good pics and post.