Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Graylight,

I wouldn't lump Stone Glacier and Kifaru's packs in with the likes of the BL Sacrifice.

In my experience, durability is top notch with Stone Glacier and Kifaru. You could literally throw them off a cliff and down a mountain.

As an update to the topic,

Kifaru, Stone Glacier, and Paradox packs all have some really interesting pack designs coming out for 2014. The serious ultralight hunting backpack market has really taken off and competition is fierce!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitterroot Bulls View Post
    Graylight,

I wouldn't lump Stone Glacier and Kifaru's packs in with the likes of the BL Sacrifice.

In my experience, durability is top notch with Stone Glacier and Kifaru. You could literally throw them off a cliff and down a mountain.

Kifaru, Stone Glacier, and Paradox packs all have some really interesting pack designs coming out for 2014. The serious ultralight hunting backpack market has really taken off and competition is fierce!

X2 there are a ton or great options out there. Kifaru is my choice but stone glacier and paradox are getting great reviews as well.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitterroot Bulls View Post
    Graylight,

Agreed. Having used several different bags that were mentioned earlier, SG and Kifaru are in a league of their own. My Kifaru pack way outperformed the other "over the counter" bags I had used prior to purchasing the Kifaru T3.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Outdoorsmans has some excellent options with a wide range! Quality products well worth the money

Thanks
    Congratulations
    There is always going to be something better that comes out right after you part with a ton of money on a pack. My old frame pack lasted for over 20 years. I now have a SG Solo, and expect it to last just as long, and will likely outlast me. I would rather avoid the hype of having the latest and greatest, and put some gas in truck and go hunt. Just sayin.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by tttoadman View Post
    There is always going to be something better that comes out right after you part with a ton of money on a pack. My old frame pack lasted for over 20 years. I now have a SG Solo, and expect it to last just as long, and will likely outlast me. I would rather avoid the hype of having the latest and greatest, and put some gas in truck and go hunt. Just sayin.
    Now that Im done with my rant from yesterday:
    Try to hold off as long as possible and wait for the reviews on the new packs coming out. Like BB said, you have a ton of new packs coming out this year from Kifaru, Stone Glacier, Kuiu(they say), S&S Archery in ID, and others I am sure. I researched for 6 months before I bought mine. I envisioned every scenario I could, and how to pack gear for different hunts.

The key is to get something that has a super lightweight frame and can be modular with many bags or attachments. This is where the guys like Kifaru and SG excel in my mind over the heavier sewn in packages like a Blue Widow.

I went with the SG because it seems simpler out of the box. A key for me was the long 2" wide belt. I load a ton of stuff on my belt, and this pack appeared to be easier to do that. I also had every intension of using dry bags mounted to the SG Solo on longer hunts. You can get the wider and tighter setup for weight control similar to what you get with the new Kifaru Nomad with batwings.

My primary goal was to get the "hunting" pack I wanted, and you can hillbilly the thing up a little to get packed in and out. All of these high dollar packs are narrow, super strong, and the bags compress to almost nothing for hunting. I had no complaints about noise with the SG.

I am now a fan of the buy once cry once concept when it comes to certain gear. Do the homework, and buy the best pc on the market for you at the time. You will have a quality pack that will last for years to come. Watch the hype from a distance for new features that you can implement to your pack to improve your setup.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    As tttoadman would say I decided to hillbilly it up and go with the Stone Glacier Minimalist with the Approach bag. I strap up to 4 Cabela's XPG bags (Blue). Strap one on each side (clothes), one on bottom (sleeping bag), one on top (pad) . My MRE's go in the load shelve bag and when I get to camp I put the MRE's in the XPG bag that was used to carry the sleeping bag, unstrap the other blue bags and I can be ready to hunt in minutes. Using the blue XPG bags may not be as light as using the SG Terminus bag but I would rather carry a little more weight in and out and have less weight and bulk while hunting. If all goes well I will have no need for the load shelve to haul out MRE's and can use it for an Elk quarter.