Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post

While filling up with gas...

and visiting the cleanest roadside bathrooms in the world (Thank You Buc-ee's) on the way home from that cesspool in our state known as Austin, I got to watch a fireworks display.

Thanks
    Congratulations

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I take offense to that!!!!!! I was born there!!!! It's the capital of the greatest state in the US! Show some respect!!!!

ps nice boom boom pics
    I hunt because......

Thanks
    Congratulations
    My sis lives there so I try not to hold it against her. They had it right when the capital was Galveston, at least you could isolate the craziness on the island.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 17 Times in 8 Posts
    I have to ask. Why does everyone from Texas say its the greatest state in the union yet they are living in a different state? I was at ft bliss for a bit and the only good things I have to say about el paso are the Harley dealer and 1 steak house and the only good parts of Texas I could find around there were all in New Mexico!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    I have to ask. Why does everyone from Texas say its the greatest state in the union yet they are living in a different state? I was at ft bliss for a bit and the only good things I have to say about el paso are the Harley dealer and 1 steak house and the only good parts of Texas I could find around there were all in New Mexico!
    ***I did 2 1/2 years at Bliss back in 68-71 and all I will say is that it was one hell of a lot better than going to Nam!!! Mom still lives in San Antonio and Dad just died down there on 9/11/11.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I did Ft Walters twice, near Mineral wells. Little bike eliminator at Ft Worth AHRA. Top Stock Eliminator at Kennydale, Tx every three weeks NHRA. Put Roy Gay on the trailer at Dallas. Went to Yellow Belly Drags near Dallas. Might be the best state to live in because they seem to follow the constitution.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I wasnt comparing bliss to Iraq. Im just trying to figureout whats so great about Texas and why so many people move out of it and still say its the greatest state there is. lol

Thanks
    Congratulations
    El Paso isn't really a good representation of TX..heck, that's 810 miles from where I'm from and the terrain, climate and culture changes drastically along that trip. There's really nothing even remotely enticing out in that barren country.

Would bet there's a lot of displaced folks from military & job transfers. I've got quite a few buddies living in other states bc they were offered managerial positions in the O&G field and had to relocate away from headquarters. If not for the Internet I'd probably be living in ND or PA right now...thank you Al Gore for creating the Internet

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Glad to gear it gets better then hell paso!! I never got a chance to get to far from ft bliss while I was there. We were supposed to stay within 50 miles but think I got over 150 a few times! Did get to see some nice country in MN while I was there! Alot of guys were going to Juarez. Personally I thought I saw enough of Juarez from our side of the river and couldnt see any good reason to get closer. lol