Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 37
  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    968
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 50 Times in 40 Posts
    Congratulations
    1
    Congratulated 21 Times in 1 Post
    I never told him to go out "cold turkey". Making phone calls and getting permission before coming out is obviously a great idea. When did I say otherwise? All I said was he won't need to pay a trespass fee.
    Arise... Kill, Eat! - Acts 10:13

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    556
    Thanks
    358
    Thanked 79 Times in 65 Posts
    Congratulations
    2
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elkoholic307 View Post
    I never told him to go out "cold turkey". Making phone calls and getting permission before coming out is obviously a great idea. When did I say otherwise? All I said was he won't need to pay a trespass fee.
    He won't need to pay a trespass fee? Color me skeptical...A call to G&F will probably result in a list of ranchers who will let you hunt DOES for free...but in my experience if it has horns you have to pay. A lot of ranches are leased to outfitters, and you know the rest of the story there. Just my 2 cents.

  3. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This was my second year applying in 114. I picked that unit this year again because I didn't want to get drawn. I have the BC hunt and I am getting married in December so I have more than enough to keep me busy. Dont get me wrong, I am excited and happy that I got drawn, kinda wish it was not this year because that would allow me to make a few scouting trips and not have to post here in order to get more info on the unit. This will be my first antelope hunt and first hunt in Wyoming. I have been through the state several times from north to south and east to west on trips to other states to upland hunt, but first big game hunt. I had 3 PP going into the draw. At this point, I dont mind paying a small fee if I have to, it will probably come down to that given the situation I find myself in.

    I can't thank everyone enough for the info, I was willing to go an attempt a public land hunt in the unit prior to the post, nowI am leaning towards tresspass fee.

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Allegan, MI
    Posts
    1,249
    Thanks
    110
    Thanked 327 Times in 246 Posts
    Congratulations
    44
    Congratulated 46 Times in 8 Posts
    You couldn't have picked a much better unit if you didn't want to get drawn. You just turned out to be unlucky because you obviously drew the one tag offered in the random draw that everyone is in after the other few tags were distributed and you were the one out of 77 first choice applicants to draw that tag! I hope you're able to make the most of it and good luck on your other hunt too!

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    colfax, wa
    Posts
    5,222
    Thanks
    1,281
    Thanked 667 Times in 572 Posts
    Congratulations
    199
    Congratulated 24 Times in 11 Posts
    I was very lucky in WY last year!! Not only in finding a place to hunt for this year in a unit that has leftover tags every year but also in pulling a tag out of nowhere in the random draw like doc did although the odds for it were slightly better then 114 I still wasnt expecting it at all. I wasnt even looking for a place to hunt. There was a herd of antelope and I was pretty sure some were on public land and some were on private and I just wanted to verify the boundary line was where I thought it was before I shot 1 because I didnt want to trespass. Maybe every other ranch around there would of showed me the gate. I dont know? All Im saying is stop in and talk to people and you never know what can come of it. I think it helps me too driving an old 96 ford because it kinds fits in out there pretty well. Think pulling a 76 B&C antelope out for everyone to admire helped too! Good luck

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Allegan, MI
    Posts
    1,249
    Thanks
    110
    Thanked 327 Times in 246 Posts
    Congratulations
    44
    Congratulated 46 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    I was very lucky in WY last year!! Not only in finding a place to hunt for this year in a unit that has leftover tags every year but also in pulling a tag out of nowhere in the random draw like doc did although the odds for it were slightly better then 114 I still wasnt expecting it at all. I wasnt even looking for a place to hunt. There was a herd of antelope and I was pretty sure some were on public land and some were on private and I just wanted to verify the boundary line was where I thought it was before I shot 1 because I didnt want to trespass. Maybe every other ranch around there would of showed me the gate. I dont know? All Im saying is stop in and talk to people and you never know what can come of it. I think it helps me too driving an old 96 ford because it kinds fits in out there pretty well. Think pulling a 76 B&C antelope out for everyone to admire helped too! Good luck
    ***Cripes; if you drove up in a 96 Ford, it's no wonder they let you on for free! Bad enough to be in a Ford (I drive Silverados), but if it's a 96 I'm sure they felt sorry for you and bent over backwards to help get you a goat, LOL!

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    968
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 50 Times in 40 Posts
    Congratulations
    1
    Congratulated 21 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shootbrownelk View Post
    He won't need to pay a trespass fee? Color me skeptical...A call to G&F will probably result in a list of ranchers who will let you hunt DOES for free...but in my experience if it has horns you have to pay. A lot of ranches are leased to outfitters, and you know the rest of the story there. Just my 2 cents.
    Has your experience been in 114?
    Arise... Kill, Eat! - Acts 10:13

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    colfax, wa
    Posts
    5,222
    Thanks
    1,281
    Thanked 667 Times in 572 Posts
    Congratulations
    199
    Congratulated 24 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Topgun 30-06 View Post
    ***Cripes; if you drove up in a 96 Ford, it's no wonder they let you on for free! Bad enough to be in a Ford (I drive Silverados), but if it's a 96 I'm sure they felt sorry for you and bent over backwards to help get you a goat, LOL!
    Probably would of run me out before I for out of the truck if I was driving a chevy Seriously though I think you have a better chance driving an older truck then a new truck.

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Allegan, MI
    Posts
    1,249
    Thanks
    110
    Thanked 327 Times in 246 Posts
    Congratulations
    44
    Congratulated 46 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    Probably would of run me out before I for out of the truck if I was driving a chevy Seriously though I think you have a better chance driving an older truck then a new truck.

    ***Do you think maybe if you got out and walked with a bad limp that it would help even more?, LOL!

  10. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 9 Times in 1 Post
    Go ahead and shoot one then next year start applying for area 67 way better animals and way more. Hunted there many times, trust me its great. 95% public with lots of booners

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-11-2014, 01:09 PM
  2. Unit 80 or 114 Antelope
    By califhuntn in forum Wyoming
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-06-2014, 02:56 PM
  3. Unit 31 Antelope
    By norcalhunter in forum Antelope
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-19-2013, 10:57 AM
  4. Unit 86 Antelope
    By caseylavere in forum New Mexico
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-24-2013, 12:35 PM
  5. Best WY Antelope Unit?
    By HuskyMusky in forum Antelope
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-07-2012, 12:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •