Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Bob Marshall Wilderness Complex Hunt

I was considering a hunt here in the next 2-3 years with an outfitter. Any input regarding a reputable outfitter(s) and herd conditions for Elk and Mule Deer would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Cameron Lee at Wilderness Lodge in Hungry Horse (actually works out of Spotted Bear) has been outfitting up there for many years. He's selling his outfit to an outfitter from CO who is moving up there and Cameron is supposed to stay on for awhile and help him get squared away. Cameron lives in the area anyway.

I spent a week with Cameron and the new owner Jim, who seemed like a straight shooter. He's planning on using the same guides that Cameron as been using. You never know when there's a transition but that's who I know.

http://www.wildmontana.com/info.htm

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Having spent the last 15 years or so in MT, and right around the Bob Marshall and Scapegoat wilderness areas, I can offer some thoughts and opinions. Note though, I have not hunted much at all in the wilderness, but no many folks who have. Basically what I have heard and what we are seeing is that a Bob wilderness hunt, especially for elk, just isn't what it used to be. Elk numbers have struggled, some impacts from the griz and wolves, increased recreational pressure, etc. So if you are looking for a game-rich, back country experience, I don't know that you would be very pleased. All that said, if you are looking just for a wilderness experience with the opportunity to perhaps take a deer or elk, then you can't beat a horseback, wall-tent trip into some of the most beautiful country on this planet in the Bob.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I have a hunt set up right now for the Bob Marshall and no one is going. I have horses set up, and a wall tent that is big enough for 4 more people. I have no guide. Was planning on going in without guides. Just need someone else to go since my partner has backed out. Whoever goes just needs to get horses and they are available for lease and can be dropped off at our location. Does anyone know anybody who wants to hunt in the Bob Marshall this year? This is an early hunt--Sept 14 is when I leave.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    @14Arrows

I have been wanting to hunt in there for some time now. If you are still looking for someone to go with you let me know. I live around Bozeman.