Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 71 Times in 10 Posts

Arrow Two words "SO READY !!"

Even though I don't live close to where I like to hunt. I have been doing this before Elk season for now going on the 20th year. Staying healthy, prep work for the up coming seasons,work out hard since January, shooting the bow, go do some scouting when the time is right and then it is the middle of July and I say to myself ""I AM JUST SO READY"" to start hunting season. It seems this time of year it doesn't take much to break the little concentration I do have and then I am thinking about being out where I feel the best. I have been hunting by myself or with one friend since I was 11 and even after all these years the bug is still there. The sense of going and being somewhere where someone maybe hasn't been before. Just to hear that first bugle on a cool crisp morning. That sound and feeling is just so hard to put into words even after so many years. That time is coming soon, sooner than we think. It will be here before we know it. You work for it and you live for it!! Everyone else around me seems to be oblivious to what is about to happen!!..................Am I alone here?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Trust me, you're not alone and nobody is oblivious to the upcoming hunting season(s).

I'm sure most of the people here are just as excited. We talk about it year round. That's why forums like this exist.
    Arise... Kill, Eat! - Acts 10:13

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Elkoholic307 View Post
    Trust me, you're not alone and nobody is oblivious to the upcoming hunting season(s).

I'm sure most of the people here are just as excited. We talk about it year round. That's why forums like this exist.
    I meant the people around me every day! Not here on the forum!!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 38 Times in 2 Posts
    Getting ready to head over with my dad and shoot Bows. He bought a new Glendel today. Hitting a pretty good exercise regiment till bow season. Im thinking I might have the itch also.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Been shooting my bow & riding my mules daily! I'm ready to get after it. I exercise at night, so I don't waste daylight.
    "Only two people have died for You and I, The American Soldier died for Our Freedom & Jesus Christ Died for Our Souls!" I thank GOD for them! GOD BLESS AMERICA!

NRA Life Member

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by 25contender View Post
    I meant the people around me every day! Not here on the forum!!
    Yeah I noticed that after I replied. My bad holmes.
    Arise... Kill, Eat! - Acts 10:13

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Will be a big year for me. I burned a total of 31 points for 3 primo tags (WY elk, WY lope, AZ deer). I am in beast mode working hard to exercise and diet. Dropped 12# so far. Got encouraged yesterday by running the Chinatown 5K in Chicago, and finishing well, 322 out of 840 runners. But only 34 of the other runners were older than me.

Shooting with field tips could not be better. 20-50 yard all tea cup, 60 yard pie plate.
    Last edited by Zim; 07-14-2013 at 01:20 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    bring it!!!!!! cant wait. 25contender, you should make some shirts that read "so ready" on the front, probwith a bow or elk image so it doesnt give people the wrong idea.....

Thanks
    Congratulations
    You try to explain the thrill of sitting for the last few minutes of light and having elk bugling all around you. Or even better when you are in the fight, and the big boy lets out the one tone scream because he is pissed off and you get the shivers all over. There is no way to describe such a sensation to someone who doesn't have the passion.

After working all day, I need something like this to help keep me motivated to hit the trail or the gym during the week.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by tttoadman View Post
    You try to explain the thrill of sitting for the last few minutes of light and having elk bugling all around you. Or even better when you are in the fight, and the big boy lets out the one tone scream because he is pissed off and you get the shivers all over. There is no way to describe such a sensation to someone who doesn't have the passion.

After working all day, I need something like this to help keep me motivated to hit the trail or the gym during the week.
    I know how you feel. I will be doing a lengthy trail hike with the full pack this weekend. Going to try the new SPOT and see how it works. I picked up the SPOT2 last night and activated it. The wife is always antsy about me hunting by myself where I have no cell service and way back off the beaten path. I showed her how it works and how she will get the messages and how to access the track online. I can see its going to be pretty neat to have on the trip. I was surprised how accurate it is and the message went through pretty quick as well. I will try the tracking mode this weekend. Curious to see what kind of Battery life it has.

Thanks to BB For the information on the Spot2. Mark