Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: boot insoles

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by doc06 View Post
    I was just looking into foot beds and this post pops up. For the guys that have the Synergy beds, have you tried something else and then switched to the Synergy, or did you go straight to the synergy based off a recommendation? I called Lathrop and discussed the footbeds with them, but the guy didn't seem real confident with some of the questions I had in differences between these and other types of insoles.
    I got a pair of medium arch insoles. The person that was helping me convinced me the best place to start was to get the full support on my feet. I run a very lightweight boot that is not extremely stiff. I have trained myself to turn my feet over quickly when I walk and avoid "rolling" over on the balls of my feet. I find it to be very helpful when I get a little weight on to put my feet straight down and pick them straight up. I thought about getting the cynergy footbeds to go along with a thinner merino sock during warmer weather hunts. I don't want to be forced to run the thicker socks to keep my feet from moving around.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Resurrecting an older thread... I'm looking for some insoles for my Lowa Tibet GTX boots. I've tried a couple of insoles that I have in different boots, but they either don't have any padding like the stock insole, or they are too thick and push my heel up too high causing blisters. I'm looking at the Synergy insoles and am interested, but I was just curious on the thickness of them. Are they about the same as a stock insole, maybe a little thicker? I can't have them two or three times as thick, that is for sure. Second, is the custom fit worth it? It is an extra $25 which puts these insoles at almost $80. I can spend 80 dollars a lot of ways and just want to make sure I'm going to be happy with these.
    Now therefore, please take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me.
    Genesis 27:3 (NKJV)

Thanks
    Congratulations
    td- When I compare the Synergy footbed to the stock insole of my Danner Pronghorns or Hanwag Alaskans, they are just slightly thicker. I thought they fit to perfection in my Pronghorns, but have no experience with Lowa boots.
    Don't waste your money on the custom fit, unless you flat out don't have the ability to take out the stock insole, and trim the new one to match.
    My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Fink For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    tdcour I have the same boot and use the Senergy footbeds. They are not that much thicker than the original insoles. I have no complaints about the Senergy's. Personally they are a little pricy but worth the dollars.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 25contender For This Useful Post: