Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by digger11 View Post
    SSS ,shoot, shovel ,and shut up...there I said what everyone is thinking
    Congratulations?
    Arise... Kill, Eat! - Acts 10:13

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Cats attack from behind most of the time. I doubt you would be able to shoot or spray it before he was on you. Still, I would no doubt carry a sidearm. Most of the time human attacks are from hungry juveniles . I won't get into the story by I can attest to how quick a Mtn. Lion will be on your back with its jaws on your neck. An adult lion is stronger than an average man. No doubt here.
    Pack a pistol .

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I will be packing in to my deer unit in the dark coming up in a couple of weeks. Regs here in NV do not allow you to carry a firearm while archery hunting. I guess I'll bring some bear spray. Going to be a nerve racking 3 mile hike up looking behind me the whole time...

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by NVBird'n'Big View Post
    I will be packing in to my deer unit in the dark coming up in a couple of weeks. Regs here in NV do not allow you to carry a firearm while archery hunting. I guess I'll bring some bear spray. Going to be a nerve racking 3 mile hike up looking behind me the whole time...
    I think if you have a cat tag in your pocket you can carry a pistol. Dont quote me though. I carry in the hills with an archery tag. " but judge how do I defend myself while in a bivy tent with only my bow and arrow?"
    http://www.solooutdoor.com/ Contact me for used optic specials!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by hardstalk View Post
    I think if you have a cat tag in your pocket you can carry a pistol. Dont quote me though. I carry in the hills with an archery tag. " but judge how do I defend myself while in a bivy tent with only my bow and arrow?"
    I have thought about that, thanks for the advice. I was also thinking that the regs are a little unclear, it says "It is unlawful for any person to: Carry any firearm in the field while hunting under archery regulations."

The term "in the field while hunting", does that apply to having it on my hike and at camp while I am not actually hunting? I may email NDOW on this because I would feel a lot better with my 9mm hiking up the bottom of a draw in the dark.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I have a friend that was Bowhunting. He was sitting in some sage brush for awhile and he said he had a weird feeling a deer or something was watching him from behind . He looked and a Mtn lion was about 10 yds from him just sitting and watching him. He stood up and the cat didnt move. He yelled and waved his bow in the air. It just turned and "walked" away. I told if I could of drawn back, I'd of flung one in his direction . I knew a guy that was a big cat trainer for movies, etc. he had 4 Mtn. Lions . One was declawed and tame... Had its teeth though...on my neck jumped from behind. He had always told me never turn your back on a cat. I had a momentary lapse of memory. I find myself looking behind me now and then when hunting.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I have been in the field with my bow and gotten that "feeling", nothing came of it but there is something about the vulnerability you feel when by yourself in mountain lion country with only a bow to defend yourself with.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Especially in California where they have no fear of humans anymore because of not being hunted since 1990. Reminds me of same thing when I hunt near Cody Wy. Every year. The grizzlies there have no fear of humans either.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Did my morning walk this morning. No cat, but the other ridge I walk has a lot of stumps ripped up from bears. So one ridge has a mtn lion the other ridge bears. But the bears have been there for ever. They just run. It just seems weird to have to pack doing your morning exercise in sight of your house.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    http://bikemagic.com/mountain-bike-t...in-bikers.html

I've never seen one while hunting. But I have had the feeling where something is wrong and all the hair on your neck stands up and you just know something/someone is watching you.

In California you can't carry a firearm during archery season. So I carry a razor sharp knife and look behind me often. As long as the lion doesn't surprise me and kill me immediately, I'm gonna slice & dice & cut em' up real nice. That's the plan anyways!