Hybrid View

Thanks

# of tags you can get.

I always thought you could buy up to 4 doe deer and doe antelope tags. I just found out I was not able to buy two more left over doe tags for either species. I had bought two of each in the draw. Did something change this year or can you only buy a max of two doe tags in an area?
    Last edited by Fish; 07-17-2013 at 10:34 AM.

Thanks
    4 doe tags is still the norm. They had to be available however and if you waited more than a few seconds they might have been gone.
    I bought another 2 this morning and they were all gone in a cpl minutes.

Thanks
    I thought that was the case. The extra tags were for my friend. I was going to walk his wife through the process and she didn't get back to me until an hour after the 8am opening. The anterlope doe tags were gone by then. the funny thing it would not let her buy a 119-120 doe wt tags even thought there were a lot left. I should have done it for him and he would have least gotten two more antelope tags.
    This was their fist time dealing with WY tags, guess they learned a hard lesson. We did both draw doe tags in the draw, so all is not lost.

Thanks
    Yep, two can be purchased in the draw and then two more as leftovers IF there are any available. If there were tags left and they couldn't buy them, they must have been screwing something up if they had never done it before.
    Last edited by Topgun 30-06; 07-18-2013 at 09:00 PM.

Thanks
    I bought an elk point, my conservation stamp and a doe tag yesterday and it said I could get up to 4 doe tags. I just got 1. does arent very exciting to me but thought a little extra meat would be nice.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    I bought an elk point, my conservation stamp and a doe tag yesterday and it said I could get up to 4 doe tags. I just got 1. does arent very exciting to me but thought a little extra meat would be nice.

I wasn't very clear in my last post when I said you can buy two in the draw and two as leftovers. You can also buy up to 4 leftovers if you didn't get any in the draw and they are available. That's why it said you could buy up to 4 when you went online yesterday to buy them.

Thanks
    Thanks 30-06. I didnt apply for any in the draw. I didnt want 1 if I didnt draw a buck tag and that unit always has leftovers.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    Thanks 30-06. I didnt apply for any in the draw. I didnt want 1 if I didnt draw a buck tag and that unit always has leftovers.
    If you only apply for one buck unit, you can attach the doe app to the buck app, check the withdraw box and if you don't draw the buck tag they will cancel the doe app. If you apply 1st and 2nd choice for the buck app, you could get a buck in one unit and does in another.

Thanks
    believe these things can change year by year due to population as well as # of hunters who bought full price tags in the regular draw, vs. additional leftover tags available.