Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

ELK OTC tag question

I'm sure this is a dumb question, but I've not had an OTC colorado archery elk tag before.

Do you have to designate a unit its good for when you buy it or is it good for any OTC unit and you can move around?

Reason I ask is I have a bear tag, going the first week, if I fill early I may want to hunt that unit the rest of the week, then come back to a different unit after the muzzleloader season is over if I am unsuccessfull.

Thanks!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 11 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doe Nob View Post
    Do you have to designate a unit its good for when you buy it or is it good for any OTC unit and you can move around?
    It's good for any OTC unit. You do not have to designate at time of purchase. You can move around to any OTC unit to hunt.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 14 Times in 3 Posts
    Since the bear tag is unit(s) specific I believe that you are limited to those areas as long as the bear tag remains unfilled. If you get your bear then you are free to roam about the other OTC units.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 11 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Granby guy View Post
    Since the bear tag is unit(s) specific I believe that you are limited to those areas as long as the bear tag remains unfilled. If you get your bear then you are free to roam about the other OTC units.

He can hunt any OTC unit at any time. The bear tag doesn't lock him into an area. Only for the bear. Bear tags are unit specific, OTC archery tags are not. You can hunt any OTC unit at any time during the season.
    Last edited by CoHiCntry; 07-18-2013 at 12:14 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'll be bear hunting in 75 the first week of September, but its more of a predation on private land type deal, they can't run them out of there. I'm blocking a week out, but if its as advertised, that will leave me with some extra time to go poke around for a bull around Durango, I have several leads to follow up on.

If I don't tag out, I'll probably hire a packer and go in for a week where I scouted at the end of September, but that's 150 miles away.