Hybrid View

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Help! Wyoming Area 125 "irrigated land."

Hey everyone.

My friend and I entered the non resident reduced doe/fawn draw (we live in Colorado). Long story a little shorter, my buddy wasn't paying attention (that's my story and I'm sticking to it) when we were choosing units and ended up with a type 6 (trying to be cheap).

Anyway, we have a total of 4 of these doe/fawn rifle licenses (trying to fill the freezer, antlers are nice but don't mean a lot to us, which is why we did this) and now, nowhere to hunt.

It's this irrigated land thing where we need to be on or within a half mile of it. The season is September 1-30.

Anyway, I haven't even looked for anything on public property as I assume there is none. Does anyone know of anybody that may allow us to have an opportunity on their land? I'm not looking for a handout, I have no problem sharing meat or going the legal route to pay a fee to hunt on said land.

If anyone can help, even with info, I would be appreciative.

Thanks,
    Tim

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Either call the Cody G&F Office or Matt Lentsch, who is the Game Warden based out of Worland for that area, and they might be able to give you a few names of ranchers that may let you shoot a few does either for a fee or for free. However, you are going to be very limited to the properties along Gooseberry Creek for the most part and because the deer numbers are way down in the unit I was surprised they even issued 25 doe permits. Since ranchers are more protective of their deer than the antelope you may find it hard to find a place. One word of advice and that is if you don't have a place or places locked up, don't go and just bite the bullet for the cost of those cheap licenses and figure that you should have looked at things closer before you applied.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Yeah, for sure I'm not going if I can't get it figured out. It's a 7 hour drive to come up with nadda. Thanks for the tip, I'll try to call them on Monday to see if I can get a lead.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 21 Times in 9 Posts
    This is why you should do your research BEFORE you apply for a tag! 37

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I did do research, believe me. I looked for a unit with good public access. I looked for a unit that had plenty of BLM land. It was a mistake that we chose irrigated land. Had I seen that note it wouldn't have been applied for.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 21 Times in 9 Posts
    All 125-6 tags appear to be 1/2 mile from irrigated land and there are only 25 tags. It sounds like a land owner damage hunt to me.