Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

WY G&F in Financial Trouble...

Ha Ha are you kidding me, in the Casper (RED) Star front page says there in a financial crisis and want the public input on what to do. Are you freaking kidn me, how about drop your freakknnn salaries you idiots. A game warden clears over 5500.00 a month plus free room and board, elec, and water not to mention the insane re-tiremnt. I hope everyone knows that NR, or resident that tag prices are going to go up cause of the greedy devils. Please for the love of the good lord some one with common sense show up to that meeting, and tell them to take a pay cut and leave the prices alone. There is no reason to have a regional wildlife supervisor, and a regional wildlife biologist supervisor. Together those two positions clear 200k, just wastefull politic crap that me and you will pay for.
    Last edited by justinthedoc; 07-31-2012 at 09:02 AM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 1 Post
    Casper RED Star. Hahaha. Couldn't have said it better.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I don't mind people making a decent wage, the whole race towards the bottom, cutting wages, outlook is not going to help the country. With all the oil/gas drilling and exploration going on which impacts habitat and requires additional enforcement, studies, research etc. they should start dinging the oil and gas companies some to offset their impact.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Thats the problem there already dipping into the general fund which is state funds paid mostly by the energy tax's. A 100k a year is more that a descent wage for what those guys do. And 66k a year starting for wardens is re-donkulous with housing provided, studies; what studies. What do you know that the G&F is doing besides CWD studies. Oh and lets not forget about our invasive species buddies. Hope everyone got there decal. WTF does nobody else see the pattern with these turds. Invasive species is a joke they will tell you gloom and doom, but do any of you honestly believe that any of those tards that check your boat those 4 months of the year stop any of what inevitably is going to be here. All the invasive crap is, is a fund producer thats IT.... Do you want to know who the largest spreader is of invasive species....
    Fly-fisherman (neoprene waders) and thats a fact.... This is a trend when I worked there I made 1800 a month. So dnt talk to me about descent wages. And guess what those jobs are so sought after that you could pay that and you would have more than enough quailified people taking those jobs. All that article was, was a pre-emptive strike to say that "oh and by the way 2013 licenses are going UP".

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Triple resident tag fees - that's what you do. You run up the non-res more you are going to run them off, pretty steep already.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    The money has got to be going somewhere. There were no numbers on the budget in the story....only the projected shortfall. I'll bet the gross revenue is up substantually, even with the supposed fewer hunters cited in the story. The fees for NRs is up, along with most of the NRs buying Points. W G & F created the "Special" License for NRs that is almost double in price too.

We will have to see what happens.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I definitely don't vote for tripling resident fees.....

Thanks
    Congratulations
    All states keep raising their license and tag fee's for non residents all the time. They are the first to get gouged when they need money. Wy. fee's are some of the highest. $600 for an elk tag, $795 for a limited entry elk tag in Ut.. $1200 in Nv. $595 in Az. All those states except Wy. you have to buy a license also. Hey, maybe that will be their way to make more revenue... I think there comes a point when non res just say screw it or just put in for pts.. It always seems the the Warden's and other's have brand new trucks. I could be wrong. I'm sure there are cut's they could make.
    Wow ! $66 grand starting salary, in Wy. ?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    So it boils down to the guys working there now make more than you made when you were there. Oh well, I don't get were all this salary envy came from the last few years. Its all over the news, its big in the political circles, its divisive and unproductive. They have a good job I say good for them. The Wal-Mart attitude of paying the lowest possible wage to fill a spot is not the approach I want to take when you are talking about someone who carries a gun and meets you in the woods somewhere. Just like I don't want the lowest possible paid highway patrolman pulling my daughter over in the middle of the night. If they raise the cost of the licenses it won't be due to the amount of money they pay their employees. If their budget was analyzed you would find giant sink holes of money for do nothing programs and projects, just like every other government organization. If Wyoming is anything like the state I live in, they could fire every state worker and the budget would only be reduced by 10%, yet that is the only thing you will hear the politicians yelling about, the wages paid to state workers. Jealousy and envy are the most basic human emotions, easily exploited, and politicians are nothing if not skilled exploiters.
    Last edited by EBOLAVIRS; 07-31-2012 at 02:41 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Thats where your failing to understand how this states G&F works, its not salary envy its common sense. Its why detroit F-ed up. You dont pay someone 30$ an hour to push a damn button. Here (WY) you have a fisheries, and a big game side, funny how the big game side is the only side thats loosing the G&F money. The fisheries division profits millions of $$$. Not saying they shouldnt get paid, kudos to them for geting the money, I have many degrees could have made way more money than I did in a contract position, but chose that job because of the job. Its a great gig, thats why you can get better people with less pay, oh and by the way, the HP's here have high school degrees (not nocking a High school degree) so not exactly the cream of the crop. Its not a revenue problem thats B.S. I dare them to show us a number of any decrease in license sales, or any proof of less folks putting in for those licenses. The state poulation in the last ten years has almost doubled. Its a lie plain and simple, they just want more $$$, or are just planning more pay increases. And the trucks they replace when they get 75k miles on them. And its supposed to be that only on call LE guys can drive department trucks home. Now I see biologists, supervisors, and heck even the director of them gets to drive his green truck home and to work every day. Betcha that adds up to a few grand every month in just fuel.
    No increases I dnt care if its for Res, or NR...

Let em go belly up, maybe its time to start over.
    Last edited by justinthedoc; 07-31-2012 at 03:11 PM.