Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Good pair of field gloves

I am requesting any recommendations regarding a good pair of warm and truly waterproof gloves that have been tried and tested in the field. I need a pair of gloves which will hold up to 5-7 days of backpack hunting in the backcountry. I have had two pairs of "waterproof gortex" gloves with thinsulate which grossly failed when field tested in the elements. I am looking to find a pair of gloves which actually does what it claims. Thanks in advance!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 44 Times in 9 Posts
    KUIU recently introduced the Yukon Glove, which as far as I know, is the only fully seam taped 3-layer laminate shell glove built with hunting use as its number one priority. Most gloves that claim to be "waterproof" are not, because they are not seam taped- which is a difficult and expensive process to do with all the bends and limited space between the fingers. The Yukon glove is not a shooting glove, but an oversized shell that is designed to go over a tighter fitting insulation glove. While the dexterity is not there for shooting with the glove on, they are actually pretty comfortable for most other applications like glassing, etc. Keep in mind, there is no insulation in this glove. It uses the new Dermizax NX membrane found in the rest of the new Yukon raingear line, with a softshell face fabric.
    Last edited by BigSurArcher; 07-20-2013 at 06:48 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BigSurArcher For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Very helpful! Great layering system for gloves unlike anything I've seen. Start with a merino wool base followed by the Guide glove as your 2nd layer followed by the Yukon glove as your 3rd layer. You can add or remove layers based on the conditions. I will likely be buying this system. I'm tired of wasting money on gloves that make claims but fail. I really like the fully taped seams on the Yukon glove. I'm looking forward to putting these gloves to the test on a Rocky Mountain Elk and Mule deer hunt this fall.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    These gloves are very helpful to protect your hands.The Yukon glove is not a shooting glove, but an over sized shell that is designed to go over a tighter fitting insulation glove. While the dexterity is not there for shooting with the glove.
    aged care queensland
    Glenvale Supported Living
    182-184 Hursley Road Toowoomba QLD 4350 Australia
    Phone : +61 1300 765 051
    http://www.glenvalesupportedliving.com.au/
    Providing community aged care supported living housing in Toowoomba, the Glenvale Villas are the perfect option for your loved ones, if they need a little extra help with daily living.