Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wyoming High Country Lodge, Bighorns. New Managers!!

I was good friends with the old managers of High Country Lodge. They got booted out a week ago. They are now running Elk View in. I did some snooping around and found this about the new Managers of Wyoming High Country Lodge. https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-S...060983?fref=ts Please tell everyone who might use this place. Lets get these people out of here as soon as possible. Do not support the lodge! The last thing we need is Wolf groupies in the Bighorns.

Thanks
    Congratulations

Thanks
    Congratulations
    It sounds like real sour grapes from the OP and I'd have to say he's completely full of baloney. Every writeup by over 30 people who have stayed there AFTER the old managers got booted out are lavishing the place with praise and great compliments and giving the place a 4 or 5 star rating! Thanks for the link giving the real status of the place dilbertwyoming!!!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    How is he full of bologna? I'd rather not support wolf groupies even if they do have clean rooms and good food.
    Arise... Kill, Eat! - Acts 10:13

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Wolves are vile creatures, im with Elkoholic307!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Elkoholic307 View Post
    How is he full of bologna? I'd rather not support wolf groupies even if they do have clean rooms and good food.
    I believe he said he was full of baloney, not bologna.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    There is nothing in that worthless link the OP posted that says anything about them being wolf lovers, groupies or anything else! In fact, when I clicked on it all it had was a note that the couple were moving to run the Lodge in the BigHorns!!! Their website is dedicated to all the animals in the ecosystem and not to just wolves as the OP would have us believe. The link provided above by the other member has over 30 customers with glowing reports about how great the Lodge is due to the new managers attempts to bring the place back up from the dump that it evidently was becoming while under the old managers that the owner booted out. There is not a single lousy comment about the place or the people and all those glowing comments about the place and new managers were voluntarily submitted to the site that keeps track of places people have visited. This whole thing started by the OP is not only baloney and bologna, but is also a bunch of horsechit!!! That couple is just earning a living by providing a place for outdoor lovers, whether it be bird watchers, hunters, snowmobilers, or whatever to enjoy themselves and have a pleasant stay in a clean, friendly environment and it has nothing to do with supporting wolves. If they were wolf groupies, they would have stayed over by Yellowstone where there is a high wolf population to observe and not come to the BigHorns where your chances of seeing a wolf are about as close to zero as it comes. The following was C/Pd right from their website accessed through the OP link:

About The Spotting Scope

The Spotting Scope is a web site and blog dedicated to providing up to the minute information on wildlife viewing in the Greater Yellowstone Region. With constant input from wide ranging sources, we strive to give you current, factual details on where various species have been recently sited and what the best vantage points are to safely observe all the varied animals that live in the Yellowstone region. As part of our service we offer suggestions on safety and ettiquite as well as some instructional guides on wildlife identification and how to's on locating wildlife.

We know we can't cover everything that's going on in all areas of the park. So, if you have some information on sightings or suggestions on how we might improve our content, please let us know.
    Last edited by Topgun 30-06; 07-18-2013 at 02:08 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Topgun, don't be so sure about the Bighorns being "wolf-less" I was told that wolves were spotted there last winter. The guy who told me hunts the Bighorns a lot.He's not a B.S.er.either.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by shootbrownelk View Post
    Topgun, don't be so sure about the Bighorns being "wolf-less" I was told that wolves were spotted there last winter. The guy who told me hunts the Bighorns a lot.He's not a B.S.er.either.
    ***I didn't say there weren't any wolves in the BigHorns! Three years ago next month there was a pack of 8 that killed 30+ sheep one night on the ranch next to where I hunt on the west slope every year. I met the Father of the Government hunter/trapper assigned to the case, as he's a friend of a friend over in Worland, and he said his boy caught up to them a week or two later while in a fixed wing plane and shot three of them before the rest of the pack got into thick stuff. One of the three was believed to be the alpha of the pack and had a collar. When they checked back it had been collared in Montana north of Yellowstone Park, which is a good five hour drive from where we hunt! To the best of my knowledge there have been no problems in the area since then and they have kept it out of the newspapers in the area. We found the wolf track in this picture in September the following year while out working on fences on the ranch next to where the sheep were killed, so there is an occasional one around. However, they are not in numbers like over in the trophy zone around the Yellowstone ecosystem. I also know what will happen if we see any since it is shoot on sight with no license required in the predator zone now that they have been delisted.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2010 Trip 010.JPG  
    Last edited by Topgun 30-06; 07-18-2013 at 06:53 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Topgun 30-06 View Post
    ***I didn't say there weren't any wolves in the BigHorns! Three years ago next month there was a pack of 8 that killed 30+ sheep one night on the ranch next to where I hunt on the west slope every year. I met the Father of the Government hunter/trapper assigned to the case, as he's a friend of a friend over in Worland, and he said his boy caught up to them a week or two later while in a fixed wing plane and shot three of them before the rest of the pack got into thick stuff. One of the three was believed to be the alpha of the pack and had a collar. When they checked back it had been collared in Montana north of Yellowstone Park, which is a good five hour drive from where we hunt! To the best of my knowledge there have been no problems in the area since then and they have kept it out of the newspapers in the area. We found the wolf track in this picture in September the following year while out working on fences on the ranch next to where the sheep were killed, so there is an occasional one around. However, they are not in numbers like over in the trophy zone around the Yellowstone ecosystem. I also know what will happen if we see any since it is shoot on sight with no license required in the predator zone now that they have been delisted.
    TopGun, I stand corrected. Shoot every one of those worthless wolves you can, and good luck!