Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

2014 Outfitter and area for Elk Hunt

I'm going to try and use my points for next year and would like some recommendations. I will have 7 points going into next year and want to do a guided hunt for a good bull in Wyoming. I have been a subscriber for years and have the mrs that I read regularly. Just asking if you guys had that many points what area and outfitter would you be looking at?

I plan on rifle hunting but would also entertain a bow hunt if the quality of the hunt would be better. I live in Kentucky so I would to get the opportunity to hunt a great area and see lots of animals.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Safe hunting to all

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I would look into unit 61 or 62. Call Bob Sundeen with Trails West Outfitters as that would be my first choice.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    I sent ya a private message.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Why waste the money on an outfitter unless you want to go into the wilderness. If you are doing rifle a good unit should be slam dunk with a little effort

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    Why waste the money on an outfitter unless you want to go into the wilderness. If you are doing rifle a good unit should be slam dunk with a little effort

***This sounds like a comment from a person who has either never hunted elk before or has hunted them for so long that he's so good at it that he takes it for granted! I'd also recommend Bob Sundeen, as stated above, or Jake Clark. Both guys are well know as hard working, honest gents that hunt great areas and will get you on a good bull most of the time.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Topgun 30-06 View Post
    ***This sounds like a comment from a person who has either never hunted elk before or has hunted them for so long that he's so good at it that he takes it for granted! I'd also recommend Bob Sundeen, as stated above, or Jake Clark. Both guys are well know as hard working, honest gents that hunt great areas and will get you on a good bull most of the time.
    Comments like this are what send threads like this into a downhill spiral. Grab a chair fellas this should ugly quick.
    http://www.solooutdoor.com/ Contact me for used optic specials!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hardstalk View Post
    Comments like this are what send threads like this into a downhill spiral. Grab a chair fellas this should ugly quick.
    Downhill spiral in what way? A person who has never hunted elk may not not see an elk in the best unit in the state if he doesn't know what he's doing. I've never heard of any elk hunt being considered a "slam dunk"! Knowing a unit through repeated scouting and hunts is one of the main reasons for success IMHO and that's why an outfitter is not a bad idea for a first timer, regardless of whether he hunts in an area that doesn't require one.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Downhill spiral in what way? A person who has never hunted elk may not not see an elk in the best unit in the state if he doesn't know what he's doing. I've never heard of any elk hunt being considered a "slam dunk"! Knowing a unit through repeated scouting and hunts is one of the main reasons for success IMHO and that's why an outfitter is not a bad idea for a first timer, regardless of whether he hunts in an area that doesn't require one.
    Show me a slam dunk elk and I'll show you a high fence. This will get fun to just sit back and watch.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Obviously this is coming from a guy who does not know how to find elk any other way besides using his wallet. If a guy puts forth the effort as I stated "scouting, research, and boot leather" it would be a slam dunk I am assuming you are a Michigan guy so I will look past your ignorance since I assume your idea of effort is sitting in a tree stand all day

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    Obviously this is coming from a guy who does not know how to find elk any other way besides using his wallet. If a guy puts forth the effort as I stated "scouting, research, and boot leather" it would be a slam dunk I am assuming you are a Michigan guy so I will look past your ignorance since I assume your idea of effort is sitting in a tree stand all day
    Scouting, research and boot leather is recipe for success!