Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    [[/ATTACH]QUOTE=Shaun;58496]Obviously this is coming from a guy who does not know how to find elk any other way besides using his wallet. If a guy puts forth the effort as I stated "scouting, research, and boot leather" it would be a slam dunk I am assuming you are a Michigan guy so I will look past your ignorance since I assume your idea of effort is sitting in a tree stand all day[/QUOTE]

***You have no idea what you're talking about because your assumptions are making an ass of yourself!!! FYI I don't do anything other than DIY hunts along with a buddy out in Wyoming and our success rate on branch antlered bulls scoring from 270" up through the one in this photo that was 357 3/8"Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2010 Trip 087.JPG 
Views:	53 
Size:	87.0 KB 
ID:	6145 has been 9 out of 10 on tags we or are friends that we've taken out have had. The only tag that wasn't filled was when a friend held out for a big bull we had seen and passed on a bunch of smaller ones. The whole reason for our success that is all on BLM land is because we know the land like the back of our hand. This 6x7 on my buddies back is our second biggest with huge 4ths, but we didn't even score it because of the small 3rds. Now eat your words BRO!!! Your continued "slam dunk" comment on any elk hunt where a person can't scout and is going in cold is laughable at best! Sorry my posting skills aren't as good as my elk hunting skills, LOL! ATTACH=CONFIG]6146
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2011 Trip 085.JPG  
    Last edited by Topgun 30-06; 07-26-2013 at 09:14 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'd like to add to my post. The main reason I'm looking for an outfitter is because number one I live in kentucky and I don't know the state at all. This fall will be my first visit to wyoming doing an antelope hunt with my buddy in gmu 67, two I will be by myself as my hunting buddies never put in for preference points and I will have seven of them next year, and three I don't have all the gear to do a DIY hunt by myself. My buddies have all the tents, cooking supplies, etc and I refuse to borrow them. I want this to be a once in a lifetime experience so I figure if I go with a competent outfitter/guide my chance for that will greatly improve. This will be my one good chance for a quality bull for several years. To be honest the wife and I really enjoy the meat and I have no problems cow hunting if it will fill my freezer. But I would like a chance at a trophy quality animal. Plus I have the means to afford an outfitter. Most of my big game hunting is Ina tree stand here in kentucky and upland bird hunting all over the USA. I'm no rookie at hunting but I know very little about trophy elk hunting.

I didn't mean to start a fight or cause bad blood I'm just looking for help from the hunters on here that are willing to give me some help.

I thank everyone here for your responses. I learn a lot from forums like this.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Wait a minute,

Did I just stumble onto 24 HCF?

Whats with the attitude guys?

Oh well, back to the Rok.

Browntailguy,

You asked for outfitters and I hope you get some good references. Good luck on your hunt, I wish I could help you out.
    Last edited by Bitterroot Bulls; 07-27-2013 at 08:23 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Call Bob Sundeen or Jake Clark, as was mentioned earlier, and get on with either one of them. They're both as good as it gets for quality areas and just plain good guys! You won't be sorry and your reasoning for going with an outfitter is well justified! Hope you get out there and shoot a Booner in 2014! Incidentally, don't shoot the first goat you see in unit 67 this Fall,as there are some good ones in that unit if you put in a few days off the roads and do some spot/stalk hunting.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Browntailguy View Post
    I'd like to add to my post. The main reason I'm looking for an outfitter is because number one I live in kentucky and I don't know the state at all. This fall will be my first visit to wyoming doing an antelope hunt with my buddy in gmu 67, two I will be by myself as my hunting buddies never put in for preference points and I will have seven of them next year, and three I don't have all the gear to do a DIY hunt by myself. My buddies have all the tents, cooking supplies, etc and I refuse to borrow them. I want this to be a once in a lifetime experience so I figure if I go with a competent outfitter/guide my chance for that will greatly improve. This will be my one good chance for a quality bull for several years. To be honest the wife and I really enjoy the meat and I have no problems cow hunting if it will fill my freezer. But I would like a chance at a trophy quality animal. Plus I have the means to afford an outfitter. Most of my big game hunting is Ina tree stand here in kentucky and upland bird hunting all over the USA. I'm no rookie at hunting but I know very little about trophy elk hunting.

I didn't mean to start a fight or cause bad blood I'm just looking for help from the hunters on here that are willing to give me some help.

I thank everyone here for your responses. I learn a lot from forums like this.
    I say go for it. If you don't have the time and can't do any scouting and want to have a good or even better chance at getting an elk(especially not knowing the area), get an outfitter. Above all ask for references and do your homework on picking the right one. There are several websites that rate them (one is nexthunt.com). I've used outfitters , hunted on my own and with friends. I intend on using an outfitter for another wilderness hunt this year. Like I said ....go for it.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 42 Times in 6 Posts
    Guys this could have been a good thread with some good outfitter advise for us to use but the talk is going the wrong way. No reason to talk bad about each others opinions. Good luck on your hunt and thanks for the heads up guys!
    I don't Break the rules, I Modify them.