Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 17 Times in 8 Posts

RIP Erik Jorgensen

Erik was a combat vet that took his own life near Atlanta, Id last week. He was from where im from in Ca. I did not know him but many of my friends did. I am an OIF combat vet my self and I know its not easy to come back or to ask for help. It took me several years to see a councilor after I got back. I have had a great councilor at the vet center for about 3 years now. Jeff, my councilor is about as addicted to fishing as I am to hunting! He also knows alot about guns, so we have some great conversations! If there are any vets on here that ever want to talk please feel free to PM me or if you would like to talk to a councilor in your area I can help you get in contact with the the right person. Lawrence

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Musket Man For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    Erik was a combat vet that took his own life near Atlanta, Id last week. He was from where im from in Ca. I did not know him but many of my friends did. I am an OIF combat vet my self and I know its not easy to come back or to ask for help. It took me several years to see a councilor after I got back. I have had a great councilor at the vet center for about 3 years now. Jeff, my councilor is about as addicted to fishing as I am to hunting! He also knows alot about guns, so we have some great conversations! If there are any vets on here that ever want to talk please feel free to PM me or if you would like to talk to a councilor in your area I can help you get in contact with the the right person. Lawrence
    RIP... Don't know what to say but that it happens too often.

Glad you were able to get help and that it's working out for you.
    Ah, the nostalgic aroma of a yak dung stove brewing up some tea full of herbs best left untranslated.
    From the Zen Backpacking Site

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    RIP

WWII vet George Mitchell died today too..probably the most important man in the country right now for keeping economies afloat.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 17 Times in 8 Posts
    When ever I hear about something like this I always think if I had known sooner I could of done something to stop it but by then its to late. Its sad to see someone go that way. He was only 26 I think.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Sometimes things just happen. Prayers for him, and thanks to you, Musket. I was in, but strictly peace time.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Musket Man, Sorry about the loss for sure. I am glad for YOU....slaute YOU for your service to this country my friend.
    RIP Eric.