Thread: Bushnell scopes

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Bushnell scopes

What is the informed opinion on these?

Optics Planet has several of their scopes on sale ($100 - $150 range), which is why I'm asking.

Obviously, my preference would be something like a Vortex, but honestly, I will probably not be able to spend that kind of money for several years.

Right now, I've got Tasco 10x25 binos to work with and that's it, so it's a) live with these until I can afford a decent scope, b) get a better set of binos and go with no scope until I have the money for a good one or c) keep these binos and spring for a lower price scope of acceptable quality.

Thanks.
    Ah, the nostalgic aroma of a yak dung stove brewing up some tea full of herbs best left untranslated.
    From the Zen Backpacking Site

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I sent you a p.m
    http://www.solooutdoor.com/ Contact me for used optic specials!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Keep the binos and upgrade your scope. IMO
    I don't Break the rules, I Modify them.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Me personally I would upgrade my binos before a nice scope. Your going to spend way more time looking through your binos then you will that scope. Get a nice pair of Vortex something that is in your price range.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    How is the scope shooting? If it holding your zero and is clear enough for you, then do the binos.

My experience with cheap scopes is that every once in awhile, you get a good one. If you are needing to buy one. spend as much as you can afford.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Cowboy View Post
    How is the scope shooting? If it holding your zero and is clear enough for you, then do the binos.

My experience with cheap scopes is that every once in awhile, you get a good one. If you are needing to buy one. spend as much as you can afford.

Sorry, I should have specified, it's a spotting scope.
    Ah, the nostalgic aroma of a yak dung stove brewing up some tea full of herbs best left untranslated.
    From the Zen Backpacking Site

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Bushnell sells some garbage optics, but they also sell some decent quality stuff. For 100-150 bucks on a bushnell, you will end up with a hundred dollar headache after looking through it for any period of time. You would be better off trying to find a $150 dollar pair of binos in the 10x42 range. Everyone on here seems to be partial to vortex but leupold makes some decent lower end binos as well. Among those brands there is also vanguard, minox, nikon and I'm sure a few more that I've forgotten. If you do your homework and get lucky, you may walk away with a 300-400 dollar pair of binos for 100-150 on ebay.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by JMSZ View Post
    Sorry, I should have specified, it's a spotting scope.
    If you are looking at $150.00 for a Bushnell I would save a few more $$ and get one of these -http://www.cameralandny.com/optics/m...ge=62225_62226

For the price (open box = $219.99) I don't think anything else can touch it.

Bob

Thanks
    Congratulations
    The high end Bushnell Elites are suppose to be a lot of bang for the buck. The reviews for the elite have been stellar, but they are out of your price range. I''ll second BotT's recommendation on the minox. I bought one from cameralandny a couple years ago. Great scope for the price and very portable.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    After looking over the range of scopes they have on the site I would say the high price they are listing is the MSRP and almost nobody sells them for that price. The price they are selling at is right at MAP for some of the expensive stuff. and the less expensive items are ranging, some are a little cheaper than other stores (there might not be a MAP on the cheaper stuff so they can do that.) Some is right on brick and mortar stores, while others are a few bucks more. I guess I'm saying that you should not feel pressure to get one of those right now because I didn't see blowout pricing.

As far as Bushnell goes, although they don't have the warranty equal to some of the other companies, I have had good success with their customer service. I have experience with their Trophy XLT and Sentry spotters. They are just okay. I think you have to get into their Legend line to get good quality, with that said, I'm not saying that you will get a lot high quality out of anything else in the same price range, I just suggest looking at spotters in a high price range.
    Last edited by clacklin009; 08-01-2013 at 08:35 PM.