Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Just received my Asolo Sasslongs and my first impressions are:

1> Wow, pretty good looking boot.
    2> Lace to the toe is an understatement, these things lace down to within an inch of the rubber rand at the toe.
    3< Eyelets are very smooth with the stock laces so I should be able to keep the boot good and tight throuout the day.
    4> The padded tongue and collar are very soft and comfordable.
    5> The stock insole is junk as was stated by another member, but once I put in a quality insole the footbed contour feels very nice.
    6> The sole and heel seem to be a little narrow even though I have the "wide" model, field testing will determine if that's an issue.
    7> The last seems a little stiff, hoping it will soften up a little over time.
    8> Wearing them around the house they are very comfortable.

I'll put a few miles on them this weekend and report back.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I have a pair. Asolo in general run a little narrow in size. Wide is the way to go. The soles of the Sasslongs seem extra narrow, but it hasn't been an issue. I had issues with heel blisters until they broke in. Good boot for the price. If looking for an early season boot I would go with one if the synthetic and leather boots. Lighter and breath much better. I've had many of them. Great stability for a light weight synthetic boot. Great prices on Sierra.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Sierra has them for $199 right now and if you sign up for emails they will give you a 30%-40% off coupon.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I just bought the Asolo Flame GTX Hiking Boot for the season opener two week back and they were incredible. It even snowed on us and we hiked out in snow/slush/mud/water and my feet stayed warm and dry. This is my first time having Asolo's and I am sold. I would get a softer insert, it would be nice to have a little more cushion.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Another Option:I have a pair of Alico Summit Mountain Hiking boots that I bought last year from STP. These are definitely old school. Heavy one piece leather construction, sheepskin lined, Vibram soles, and the obligatory crappy insoles. No rubber toes, etc.. Just HD leather, hand stitching and impeccable Italian craftsmanship. It takes a good bit of walking and frequent applications of Sno-Seal to get them broken in to your feet. I almost gave up on them as too uncomfortable because of their stiffness, but I am glad that I did not. You will need one, or two, pairs of good insoles (Super Feet, etc.), and decent socks. By varying the insole/sock combinations, you can find the fit that is perfect for you. There were not advertised as either waterproof, or insulated, but they are surprisingly warm and do not leak. If you have a problem with the boots squeaking, be sure to get some Sno-Seal on the gussets and padded collar. Great boots at a great price.
    Last edited by Sawfish; 10-04-2013 at 08:23 AM.
    Patron Life Member, NRA; Life Member RMEF, SCI, NAHHC, NSRPA

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    I have a pair,and I love them,used them last year in nw Montana on a elk hunt,great foot support and feet never got wet and it rained atlest 3 days that week.and I hunted all day every day for a week

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Be aware that Asolo changed their lasts a few years ago, at least on one or two models. Before that they fit me absolutely perfectly, since then I can't get the right fit and so I don't buy them anymore.