Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hoshour View Post
    Wow, even with all that spare time in airports and on planes? Your travel must be on the road. I used to do that too, 50,000 miles a year, but I always had time for good hunting journals somewhere in there.

I'm giving you a hard time, but actually I gave up western hunting for a number of years because I was too busy with family and building a business. Plus, after putting a lot of money into those two passions I didn't have enough left for an expensive sport half a continent away.

I hope things slow down for you and you still prosper. Life is short.
    We do what we gotta do for the dreaded 40 hours a week huh? Im in construction and work in vegas is null and void. Thankfully my contractor keeps me busy And we are on a good repor. He says " ill always guarantee you 40, just might not be in town" when it comes to construction these days thats more reassurance than most have. I too run a business on the side attempting to break into an industry im much more passionate about.(hint hint)

This stint will be my longest so far. A solid month away from the wife and 18 month old daughter. Its killer! She sends vids of the two of them in swim classes, sends pics of the little one one on the toilet because she (over the weekend) potty trained herself. She isnt getting any younger and thats the hard part. There is a fine line between paying the bills and doing what ive got to do. But also saying piss on it and accepting a substantial pay cut just to not miss out on her life.
    http://www.solooutdoor.com/ Contact me for used optic specials!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have an idea what you're going through. When I lived in AZ I took a job in CO that I thought would be permanent and waited for my kids to finish the school year, sell the house and join me. That turned into six months away from the family. One of us would drive once a month to see the other for a weekend. That was one long time away! In the end the company closed that location and transferred me back to AZ.

A year later, in the Lord's perfect timing, he moved us all at the same time. Our house sold the first day on the market at the same price as we had it listed at for six months the first time.

I can't imagine how hard it is for our servicemen and women to leave young wives and kids for a year or more at a time. They really deserve our prayers because that must be hard, hard, hard on a family. A close relative of mine is an Army chaplain and he tells me that is truly the case, much worse than most people know.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 41 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nv-hunter View Post
    Any body else hope to get a phone call from guy soon?
    Hey I got a call from Guy today! Wasn't about being the hunt winner. Does that count?
    I don't Break the rules, I Modify them.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by hoshour View Post
    I have an idea what you're going through. When I lived in AZ I took a job in CO that I thought would be permanent and waited for my kids to finish the school year, sell the house and join me. That turned into six months away from the family. One of us would drive once a month to see the other for a weekend. That was one long time away! In the end the company closed that location and transferred me back to AZ.

A year later, in the Lord's perfect timing, he moved us all at the same time. Our house sold the first day on the market at the same price as we had it listed at for six months the first time.

I can't imagine how hard it is for our servicemen and women to leave young wives and kids for a year or more at a time. They really deserve our prayers because that must be hard, hard, hard on a family. A close relative of mine is an Army chaplain and he tells me that is truly the case, much worse than most people know.
    I have spoke to a few service men, and also read some stories that will wrench your heart. Much respect for not only their personal sacrifice. But for the family sacrifice they make to protect their country. I couldn't imagine. One story was of a man with a pregnant wife. He was stationed in iraq. Things got ugly and his wife went into labor a month early. His boss wouldn't let him leave. She was on her own with a premy and he was helpless. It all worked out in the end but Im not sure I could have followed orders after that.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    EHJ gives out a hunt for Mule deer in Montana if I'm not mistaken, and EBJ gives out the pick your weapon rut hunt for Elk in Colorado, it just so happens everyone that has won chose to hunt with a rifle. I would love to see someone go at it with a bow.
    Shoot STR8

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Isn't the Elk Hunt on Private Land?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 11 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MtnBoy View Post
    Isn't the Elk Hunt on Private Land?
    Yep... Pretty sure the deer hunt is too. And both with outfitters.
    Last edited by CoHiCntry; 08-01-2013 at 08:54 AM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 33 Times in 5 Posts
    That would be an awesome hunt! I would have to go with a bow on that, I would use a rifle on the last day if I had too though.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Id prefer a lope hunt with any of the boys. They take some monsters and would be a blast learning the pointers.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 4 Times in 2 Posts
    ruttin

thanks for the clarification.