Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Antelope unit preference

Going to be putting a DIY archery antelope hunt together for next year I have a little experience deer hunting around green mountain and sweet water rocks area would like to hunt that area but am open to all suggestions, I know there are some hard to draw antelope units down that way. We will be applying with zero to possibly 1 point a piece, any info would be greatly appreciated on which units would be worth applying for! Thanks again

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 46 Times in 8 Posts
    If that's all the PPs you'll have you're really going to have to do your homework or get real lucky in the random draw, as I don't know what to tell you since a lot of people are starting to use their accumulated PPs and the creep is starting to happen now after 7 years.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well there will be 4 to 5 of us and we will be buying points here in a week or two and will be applying as a party, don't really wanna burn the point but still want to get out and hunt ya know

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 46 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by killshot824 View Post
    Well there will be 4 to 5 of us and we will be buying points here in a week or two and will be applying as a party, don't really wanna burn the point but still want to get out and hunt ya know

***Like I said in the other post, you're not going to have much to choose from with 1 PP unless you go up in a unit like 23 that has plenty of leftover buck and doe licenses every year because it's mostly private property. That is a unit where you can buy two buck and four doe licenses. You could hunt what public land is up there in the northwest corner along with the WIHA along Beaver Creek up there that joins it and there is some accessible BLM down in the southwest part also, but not much. That's the best I can do for you under your criteria and you better have a Garmin GPS with a landowner chip to keep from trespassing. You could do that unit by not even entering the draw, which saves you $14 per application, and then buy leftover tags right up until the time you want to go and another PP during the summer so you would have 2 for the 2015 draw. If you want to shoot does, a lot of ranchers will let you do that for free or a very small fee, especially when the crowds leave after the first week.
    Last edited by Topgun 30-06; 08-02-2013 at 07:08 AM.