Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Here is the wolf zone map from WY G&F. Click to enlarge.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WY Wolf Zone Map.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	67.0 KB 
ID:	6179
    http://gf.state.wy.us/web2011/wildlife-1000380.aspx

2. The Following User Says Thank You to hoshour For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by HayHay98 View Post
    A wolf was photographed this morning near Lakeshore Drive by Alcova Reservoir. Check out K2radio.com to see the photos. Guys and Gals coming to WY, make sure you are prepared to take care of business in the predator zones here in WY. You never know what you may see this fall and we need to be sure we do our part as sportsman and conservationists to properly manage this predator wisely for the sake of the game we chase.
    I guess that means they are in the Rattlesnake Mtns. ( don't like calling 8,800 ft. Hills) now. That means they could be running around on my property. Nice. Take care of them before area 89 deer goes downhill. Do you think the wolves have already spread that far or released there ? I read somewhere that they want to release them in Co.,Ut., N.M.,Az. (not Mexican wolf) and other states also. I think Ut. said it doesn't want wolves and any found there can be shot.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    They released the original wolves in Yellowstone in 1995 and 1996, 17-18 years ago. It's surprising they haven't spread out further.

According to the WYGF, as of 12/31/2011 there were "224 wolves, 36 packs, and 19 breeding pairs outside Yellowstone National Park." It wouldn't surprise me if that was a low estimate. They multiply quickly. Shoot all you can. Around 300 would be good.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 46 Times in 8 Posts

Name:	2010 Trip 010.JPG 
Views:	31 
Size:	92.3 KB 
ID:	6183The "huggers" want wolves in every state and I think the best way to change their minds would be to put a pack in Central Park and let them see how soft and cuddly they are! As far as in Wyoming, the wolves are moving out and a few are even all the way over in the Bighorns, but they're trying to keep it quiet. A pack killed 30+ sheep one night in August three years ago on the ranch right next to where I hunt on the west slope. A friend of mine in Worland knows the Father of the area Federal trapper/hunter that was assigned to the case and I met him one day while visiting over there. His son shot three out of the pack from an airplane and what he figures was the alpha male had a collar with information showing it was collared north of Yellowstone Park up in Montana, which is a long way from our hunt area. They have kept it very quiet, but we know there are still some in the area because we saw the track in the attached picture a year later while we were mending fences on the ranch adjacent to where the sheep were killed.
    Last edited by Topgun 30-06; 08-04-2013 at 03:26 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    So basically if they aren't with in that green and red boarder there shoot on sight?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 46 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marcusvdk View Post
    So basically if they aren't with in that green and red boarder there shoot on sight?

YEP, that's correct!!!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by hoshour View Post
    Here is the wolf zone map from WY G&F. Click to enlarge.

Name:	WY Wolf Zone Map.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	67.0 KB 
ID:	6179
    http://gf.state.wy.us/web2011/wildlife-1000380.aspx
    Is there a larger map that's more detailed with written boundries on it. I'd like to find out more about the area around Cody. Looks like it cuts off somewhere just past Buffalo Bill Res. in North and South Fork of Shoshone River. Everything on other side of the highway is open for sure.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    if we tag out early by buffalo this fall, I plan to do some predator calling. Calling in a wolf would be cool. We have our own wolf problem in Wisconsin. For thr record, I am not for exterminating anything. No problem with wolves in general, they just need to be tightly controlled, and in small manageable numbers. From state to state, the wolf pop has exploded and needs to be drastically reduced. We finally had a wolf hunt last fall in northern WI. Its about time.

any ranchers in the powder river area that need some yotes shot, PM me. Hopefully we tag out early and I will gladly do my best to rid you of some yotes.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 27 Times in 5 Posts
    I run hounds here in NV and I'm thankful they're not here YET! There has been word of sightings in the Jarbidge area. I've read several accounts of hounds men losing their dogs in Idaho, Montana last winter due to wolves. One from Idaho I believe was tracked into Northern Cali awhile back. You guys do your best to drop the numbers for us fellas a little further south. They are spreading like the plague and need to be handle appropriately!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    In Michigan's UP a lot of guys run snowshoes with beagles. Most everyone has lost dogs to the wolves as have quite a few bird dog guys. I guess that since the deer have all been wolfed up they need to eat something. Hate the bastards.