Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    I think you guys will see some great bucks. It's a very underrated unit and holds some giants if you find them.

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk 🎯 🇺🇸
    2013 spyder turbo, 70lbs black out
    Limbdriver Pro V, Tight spot quiver, Single pin Hogg Father, Fuse carbon blade.
    Carter Squeeze me release, Easton FMJ's

AKA: Velvet Feather 

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by velvetfvr View Post
    I think you guys will see some great bucks. It's a very underrated unit and holds some giants if you find them.
    If none of us see anything we are going to hold it against you kid. haha Still hoping that the fact there were so many left over tags doesnt mean it will be a bust.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NVBird'n'Big View Post
    If none of us see anything we are going to hold it against you kid. haha Still hoping that the fact there were so many left over tags doesnt mean it will be a bust.
    Pm sent

Thanks
    My buddy and I both had rifle tags two of the last three years up in that area. We focused largely on the East side of the Toiyabe Range, and packed into the wilderness area to get away from most of the crowds. There is some beautiful country back in there, and there are a lot of deer. In my 20-25 days out there over the last two years, I saw only two 4x4's(including one that my buddy missed a 120 yard shot on during the first night up there... It was his first time putting a large game animal in his crosshairs and it was a fairly quick unfolding event so he was a little shaky), several 3x3's and a bunch of small bucks that will need some time to mature. I'm confident that there are some big animals up in there, and fortunately for you, you have a little jump on the crowds since you're going at it with a bow. My advice- go up! We set up our base at over 8,500' and would hike 5-10 miles a day to get up to some higher country(9,500+) and it seemed that is where the deer preferred, especially with any heat.

Thanks
    Thanks JR, good to see another Northern Nevadan on the board. Reno is taking over!

Thanks
    Welcome aboard jreeves. Another renoite never hurt anything!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JReeves View Post
    My buddy and I both had rifle tags two of the last three years up in that area. We focused largely on the East side of the Toiyabe Range, and packed into the wilderness area to get away from most of the crowds. There is some beautiful country back in there, and there are a lot of deer. In my 20-25 days out there over the last two years, I saw only two 4x4's(including one that my buddy missed a 120 yard shot on during the first night up there... It was his first time putting a large game animal in his crosshairs and it was a fairly quick unfolding event so he was a little shaky), several 3x3's and a bunch of small bucks that will need some time to mature. I'm confident that there are some big animals up in there, and fortunately for you, you have a little jump on the crowds since you're going at it with a bow. My advice- go up! We set up our base at over 8,500' and would hike 5-10 miles a day to get up to some higher country(9,500+) and it seemed that is where the deer preferred, especially with any heat.
    Welcome!!! Reno is gonna dominate this forum lol

Thanks
    Just got back from there and saw about a 26 inch 4x4 with decent forks and a small cheater on his back tine on the left side, also saw A BUNCH of does and small buck.
    2010 Mathews Reezen 7.0 70# draw
    G5 optik sight
    Tru Fire Hardcore
    Carbon Express Maxima Hunters

Thanks
    There are no big bucks in this unit, nothing but young deer. Just put in for any other unit its not worth your time!

Thanks
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	29.4 KB 
ID:	6278Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	85.0 KB 
ID:	6279
    I do agree JasonGNV, there are very few older deer in this unit, however there are a few, that first one is a nice buck, too bad i found him the day before the season! What was the biggest deer you saw?
    2010 Mathews Reezen 7.0 70# draw
    G5 optik sight
    Tru Fire Hardcore
    Carbon Express Maxima Hunters