I can't eat packaged backpacking meals anymore. I either buy bulk ingrediants or dehydrate my own. Want some comfort food after a long day in the field? Trey some chicken and dumplings. Take some water and add some chicken bullion, feeze dried chicken, dried carrots, celery, onions, green beans and corn. Bring it to a boil and turn down the heat to simmer. throw on some prepared bisquik and cover. simmer on low for about 5-10 min and voila!

If you want something simpler, take some top ramen and jazz it up with the dried veggies and freeze dried meat. The stores carry all kinds of quick cooking meals like instant potatoes ect. Just watch out for the cooking times. Find a dehydrator even one of the cheap ones. Just about any pasta or rice meal can be cooked and dehydrated so all you have to do is add the water back and let it sit for a while or like I do, add the water to it and bring it to a boil and let it set for a shorter time. My wife's Veggie spaghetti taste as good this way. You can add freeze dried meat if you want and grab some cheese packets from the pizza place.. The trouble with store bought pasta meals and pasta is that it isn't cooked so it takes longer (more fuel) but if you precook it, then it just has to soak up the water.