Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    Eastmans' Staff
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

What happened to the Eastmans' MRS on-line and why did it change??

Yes, we’ve changed the delivery of the online Members Research Section (MRS). Here’s the low down...

Why did we change the MRS delivery? To better serve Eastmans' members needs.

How does our new digital MRS delivery better serve hunter needs?

1. Easy viewing on your computer via the emailed link or on your tablet or phone via the FREE Eastmans’ EHJ & EBJ apps

2. Searchable content using keyword search. We’ve loaded your library with two years worth of journals. That’s two years of the MRS, two years of hunter stories, two years of advanced tips & tactics, etc…

3. Receipt of the MRS two weeks earlier than the printed magazine – at least. And additional ‘Digital Only’ content like additional insider MRS info, additional stories, additional offers, etc.

4. Downloadable to your mobile device or computer for take it with you offline viewing anytime.

5. And the cost for current subscribers? Just $10 per title (EHJ or EBJ). You're talking about the cost of two cups of coffee for a one-year digital upgrade. We only pass along the cost to maintain digital and to continue the technology moving forward.

Subscribers – Upgrade and add digital now!

EHJ Digital Upgrade
    http://www.eastmans.com/shop/UdigitalEHJ.html

http://www.eastmans.com/shop/UdigitalEHJ.html

EBJ Digital Upgrade
    http://www.eastmans.com/shop/Upgrade...scription.html

http://www.eastmans.com/shop/Upgrade...scription.html

Get both EHJ & EBJ Digital Upgrade http://www.eastmans.com/shop/Udigitalcombo.html

SIGN-UP FOR FREE DIGITAL TRIAL

EHJ & EBJ Subscribers: The MRS is always in the back of each subscription copy. We encourage you to try the digital version FREE for three months. Follow this direct link:http://www.eastmans.com/shop/eastman...ree-trial.html

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ike For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 30 Times in 4 Posts
    So in order to look at the MRS on line you have to have a digital subscription, is this correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Shoot STR8

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 24 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RUTTIN View Post
    So in order to look at the MRS on line you have to have a digital subscription, is this correct?

You are correct.
    "Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I fee. One is the colors that fly high and proud The red, the white, the blue. The other one's got a rattlesnake With a simple statement made "Don't tread on me" is what it says and I'll take that to my grave. Because this is me. I'm proud to be American and strong in my beliefs. And I've said it before but I'll say it again 'Cause my family's always fought and died to save this land. And a country boy is all I'll ever be."

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 29 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RUTTIN View Post

Which is why we are offering the 3 month free trial, we want you to know what you are getting before you pony up.

Long story short, the way that we were offering them before was full of problems maintenance wise and the digital platform will be much better in the long run.

If you have a current print subscription to get a digial sub added is only $10.00, half of what it costs to buy the digital subscription by itself.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    It has worked well for me thus far. I can appreciate your need to update platforms every now and then.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Ike View Post
    We’ve loaded your library with two years worth of journals.
    I've got 6 years worth of MRS data on my computer right now that is extremely easy to access...

I've played around with the new digital issues just a little bit. Hopefully I'll like it more as I get more used to it.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 24 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottR View Post
    Which is why we are offering the 3 month free trial, we want you to know what you are getting before you pony up.

Long story short, the way that we were offering them before was full of problems maintenance wise and the digital platform will be much better in the long run.

If you have a current print subscription to get a digial sub added is only $10.00, half of what it costs to buy the digital subscription by itself.
    Can the 3 month free trial be started anytime? Last I looked it stopped on 12/31/14 and I didnt think it would do me much good since the main states I would like to see before my paper copy comes out would not come out in that time frame. As I am understanding this the $10 upgrade would only give me online access to every other MRS and really it would cost me $20 extra to get access to all of the MRS's online. Im not saying that the new digital MRS isnt better because I havent seen it yet, but I will say that Im not sure how this is to better serve me. I was happy with how I was served before and now it will cost me more no matter how you look at it.
    "Now two flags fly above my land that really sum up how I fee. One is the colors that fly high and proud The red, the white, the blue. The other one's got a rattlesnake With a simple statement made "Don't tread on me" is what it says and I'll take that to my grave. Because this is me. I'm proud to be American and strong in my beliefs. And I've said it before but I'll say it again 'Cause my family's always fought and died to save this land. And a country boy is all I'll ever be."

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Musket Man View Post
    Im not saying that the new digital MRS isnt better because I havent seen it yet, but I will say that Im not sure how this is to better serve me. I was happy with how I was served before and now it will cost me more no matter how you look at it.
    ^^^This^^^

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 35 Times in 2 Posts
    I don't see what all the fuss is about. When you think about how much useful information the Eastmans' are providing with the MRS, $20 a year is a bargain to have instant access to data that would cost you and I hours of our time to collect and organize. You also have to realize it costs money for them to put the MRS together and provide the digital format for us to enjoy.
    I recognized long ago that if I have a warehouse full of guns, but no public land or public wildlife, I have nothing!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ceby7 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    The fuss is about the MRS section being available as a simple pdf download, then being removed and replaced with a $20 subscription.
    The new layout in the std MRS is nice and much appreciated, and will help some people determine where to apply but I have yet to see any "insider information" in the digital version. Both the WY and AZ publications were perfect for providing additional info to subscribers.