Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Here are two deer from SD last year. Dad shot the muley and I shot the white-tail. Both were public land.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1117121012.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	6240

Name:	995481_501082016642562_487672224_n.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	87.6 KB 
ID:	6241

My buddy fixed me up real good with the mount. I only requested a shoulder mount and he threw the habitat on. See what I mean by sleeper state?
    Now therefore, please take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me.
    Genesis 27:3 (NKJV)

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Nice bucks. The whitetail sure is fancy looking.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Thanks! Last year was my buddies first year in business as a taxidermist so I took the deer to him to help get him started. I let him keep it until last week to keep it in his showroom and it went from just a shoulder Mount to this. I can't complain any since he didn't charge for the extras. He did a great job on it. That's for sure
    Now therefore, please take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Its always nice having a friend as a taxi if you're horn hunting. What did that whitetail score at?

Have you ever tried the reservation?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    He scored 169 1/2 gross. I don't remember what the net was... a little over 155 if I remember right. Quite a few deductions. I haven't tried the reservation yet and most likely won't. A buddy of mine is going to bow hunt it this year though. He says it looks like some good ground and actually now that I have moved to Kansas it wouldn't be much more expensive than an out of state archery tag I don't think. The issue is that you don't have quite as much land to hunt on the res, but its all blocked together instead of blocks here and there like the public land is in SD for the most part. Positives and negatives I guess, but if my buddy shoots a big one up there this year I may be tempted to go up there next year! I guess it also depends which reservation you are referring to. I think he is going to the Lower Brule if I remember right, but don't quote me on that. I think each one has its own rules.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I was thinking about the res that is in the northern central part of the state (I don't know the name off hand, but I think some of it spills into the ND side). The rifle tag was somewhere in the $400+ range though. That is a heck of a lot more than the $20 fee I'm used to paying for resident hunting in ND. Maybe next year I'll give it a try. The season was pretty long and it looked as though there was plenty of land to roam around on. The only draw back besides the price is that I've heard there aren't hardly any muleys worth taking a second look at. But if I'm not mistaken, the tag is good for either whitetail or muley. A guy has to do something if he wants a rifle tag these days...especially if you are trying for a muley tag in ND. I guess the other thing to consider is that EHD hit that area a couple years back or so.

Its almost as though I've already had my "good ol' days" of hunting and its all downhill up here.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I have a spot or 2 in Wyoming that you can draw tags pretty easily for. Let me know if interested.

I never looked into the reservation hunts. Never thought of that route.

Cant wait to get out there! wish I lived closer to be able to do some scouting. But living in Wisconsin makes scouting tough to do, besides google earth scouting!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I'm becoming quite interested in broadening my hunting territory. SD was my first choice just because of the geographical appealing aspect, but WY is more my style of terrain.

Thanks
    Congratulations

Name:	phone pics 069.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	92.3 KB 
ID:	6280

This isn't my largest buck, but it was one of my more favorite hunting adventures and a good deer for ND.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    that's an awesome deer. far bigger than anything I have ever gotten. PM me if interested in Wyoming. But I doubt the areas I hunt hold deer close to that. I saw one last fall that MIGHT have made 150"-155". We did shoot one that scored 143". What did that buck score? He looks huge in the picture.