Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 69 Times in 8 Posts

2013 Elk, Deer and Antelope Contest

Eastmans.com 2013 Forum Story/Photo Contest-

Submit your BEST 2013 DIY public land elk, deer, or antelope single best photo and hunt story in 500 words or less to the forum. You only get one story, and one photo, not one story per species. The winners will be chosen by you, our forum members and the winning story for each species will be published in an upcoming issue of EBJ or EHJ!

Here are the rules:

1. The elk, deer, or antelope hunt must be a 2013 DIY public land hunt. Paid or guided hunts do not qualify. You may hunt with friends or family but the elk, deer, or antelope must be taken by an EBJ or EHJ subscription holder and forum member during either the 2013 archery or rifle season.

2. This is not a biggest horn contest. It is a contest for the best write-up and field photo combo on your 2013 DIY public land hunt.

3. You must be an active EBJ or EHJ subscriber and eastmans.com forum member by the end of the day August 31st, 2013. No exceptions.

4. All entries, with photographs and your subscription number must be submitted on the thread titled, “2013 EBJ-EHJ Elk, Deer, and Antelope Contest.”

5. All entries with their single photo must be submitted by midnight, January 10, 2014.

6. Voting will be done by eastmans.com Forum members and will be conducted over a two-week period starting January 11, 2014 and ending midnight, January 25, 2014.

7. Forum members will be allowed one vote and may use only one forum name.

8. Once the votes are tallied the winner will be announced and PM’d with instructions for submitting the winning story to the Eastmans’ Powell, Wyoming office.

9. In case of a tie there will be a runoff between the tied entries. Dates will be announced at a later time.

Disclaimer:
    Stories may not have been submitted to any Eastmans’ publication or published in an Eastmans’ magazine. Eastmans’ Publishing, Inc. reserves the right to refuse any story for publication consideration.

Thanks everyone. We can't wait to see your hunts and read your awesome stories this year! The lucky three winners will also receive the below prize package.

Also everyone NO cell phone photos will be accepted! Use a good high quality digital camera. Even tho cell phone photos look great on your computer and devices they are still not good enough to be blown up on a full page of the magazine.

Good luck to all of you!

The Eastmans

Prize Packages:

Antelope Story - Speed Goat Special package
    1 - Hunting Trophy Antelope book
    1 - EHJ blaze hat
    2 - DVDs: Antelope Safari 2 & 3
    1 - Havalon Knife (addition to package to more closely match the Mule Deer package)

Mule Deer Story - Mulie Madness Collection Package
    2 - Books: Hunting High Country Mule Deer & Mule Deer Hunting Tactics
    1 - EHJ orange hat
    2 - DVDs: High & Low in Mule Deer Country & Destination Mule Deer
    1 - Grey Ghost 272

Due to the already running ELk contest there will not be a prize package for Elk. Enter your Elk story and and photos there to win the Ivory Ring.
    Last edited by Ikeepitcold; 08-29-2013 at 07:58 PM.
    I don't Break the rules, I Modify them.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Sorry guys if you tried to post on this thread. I posted in the Anouncement area and that section is only for Mgmt.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 58 Times in 7 Posts
    I like the idea! I'm looking forward to everyones stories, hopefully my hunts go well enough to contribute. This year will be my first antelope hunt ever, it starts Saturday! Good luck EHF'ers!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    I've been seeing some great bucks coming out of the woods. Don't forget to submit your story

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Don't underestimate the importance of the photo. Take the pic with your cell phone and you will probably be out of luck.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 57 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hoshour View Post
    Don't underestimate the importance of the photo. Take the pic with your cell phone and you will probably be out of luck.
    Unless it's an iPhone... ;-) Actually it takes great pics.
    Grand Slam #1005 + 2: Dall (1986 Yukon), Fannin/Stone (1987 Yukon), Bighorn (1988 Colorado Unit S-26), Stone (1995 British Columbia), Desert (2001 Nevada Unit 161), Bighorn (2009 Wyoming Unit 5)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Nope No cell phone pics! Hoshour is correct and sorry that got passed us. I will add that to the rules. Cell phone photos are still not high quality enough to be blown up to a full page of the magazine. I will verify this on Monday but it has always been this way even since the IPhone 5.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The reason is that no matter how many megapixels the phone boasts, a phone camera, no matter the brand, no matter the price, does not have the processor or the glass for good quality pics when you blow them up - same goes for cameras on tablets.

When you see the new "Submit Your Story" guidelines for the magazines, coming out shortly, you will see a line in there that Eastmans' WILL NOT ACCEPT CELL PHONE PICS for publication.

You guys need to spread the word. It would be a real bummer to submit a good trophy story and not get it published because the only pics came from a cell phone.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Hey guys we are seeing some great Antelope coming out of the hills. Lets get them on this contest thread. Who's gonna be first?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations