Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I am extremely fortunate I was able to draw this twice in a row. Plus the 102 deer. I am going to take a lot of time and enjoy it. Probably won't happen again.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 46 Times in 8 Posts
    I don't know why the comment was made either because a NR would really have to be lucky in the random draw to get that tag and you would need max in the PP draws to have a chance at a tag, whereas theoretically a resident could draw it every year and that's why I favor a random draw over a PP system.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Topgun 30-06 View Post
    I don't know why the comment was made either because a NR would really have to be lucky in the random draw to get that tag and you would need max in the PP draws to have a chance at a tag, whereas theoretically a resident could draw it every year and that's why I favor a random draw over a PP system.
    The key word there is "Theoretically". I applied for a deer area for almost 20 years and never drew. I wish Wyoming residents had points for Elk & Deer. A non-resident applying for that same deer area with max points has a 30% chance...I have less than 3%.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 46 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shootbrownelk View Post
    The key word there is "Theoretically". I applied for a deer area for almost 20 years and never drew. I wish Wyoming residents had points for Elk & Deer. A non-resident applying for that same deer area with max points has a 30% chance...I have less than 3%.
    ***Sorry, but the fact is that you could have also drawn that tag 20 years in a row under a random system. I'd much rather have any kind of a chance at drawing a tag every year like residents do and the polls show that most Wyoming resident hunters agree. Each person has the same chance as the next and some people are just snake bit like it appears you are! That's why the proposal to institute a resident PP system died in Legislative hearings earlier this year in case you weren't aware of that! The Legislators were bombarded by their constituents telling them to leave things alone when it came up for hearings. Your key words regarding a PP system are "with max PPs" and if you aren't in on the ground floor when a system is started to have those max PPs your chances are slim and none in a PP system drawing. In the 7 years the NR PP system has been in existence in Wyoming there is already substantial "point creep" happening in a lot of the units and it will only get worse. I would suggest that you be happy with what you have because if your wish ever comes true I can just about guarantee that it will come back to bite you in the butt!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 17 Times in 5 Posts
    Lets get back on topic here, the guy is asking for help. Not asking for a debate on the pros and cons of pp's. To the OP, I'm in Rock Springs for the weekend and will ask around and try to get some info for your Elk tag. I might go for a drive out in your deer area Monday. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 21 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat25 View Post
    I am extremely fortunate I was able to draw this twice in a row. Plus the 102 deer. I am going to take a lot of time and enjoy it. Probably won't happen again.
    That's pretty unbelievable. Were you able to fill that elk tag last year? If so, pictures are definitely in order!
    Arise... Kill, Eat! - Acts 10:13