Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 26 Times in 6 Posts

Elk 34-6 and/or Antelope 20-6

Been looking at getting some antlerless tags this fall for WY. Talked with the Kaycee Game Warden about antelope tags, but the rancher he pointed me too is pretty well full this year. I considered the BLM land but wasnt sure if there was a huntable population of antelope there or not.

After talking to the Warden, I started looking at a 34-6 cow elk tag, I made a brief trip through the southern blm land in the unit but didnt stay long last fall. Has anyone had any experience in this unit? Since this is a "off" national forest tag, I was curious if the elk are down on the BLM land during late Oct or do they all flood to private? I have a couple places identified on my maps, but they are at least 4 miles from the truck...I would rather not have to pack out a cow that far but at the same time I might have a few days so it wouldnt be a issue if I have the time. Time of course all depends on the mule deer hunt.

Or if anyone knows of any ranchers in that area that allow anterless hunters I would appreciate any leads, all my other leads are either full or no longer ranch.

I am fully aware I am late on planning this, but I have not bought any tags and just found out I do not have to head back home until after Nov 1 so I thought I would try to load up the coolers.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 42 Times in 6 Posts
    Sent you a PM.