Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 22 Times in 2 Posts
    Well, I bit the bullet and returned my Kennetreks and bought a pair of Lowa Tibet GTX boots. I must say the fit is much better for my foot, but they don't seem to be quite as comfortable. A good aftermarket insole should fix that. They look like they will be great boots and the lacing system is awesome! I'll be testing them out in December for a week or so, I just hope I can get them a little broken in before then.
    Now therefore, please take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me.
    Genesis 27:3 (NKJV)

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 35 Times in 5 Posts
    Good luck with your new boots.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Timberstalker For This Useful Post:

Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Just got a pair this year. No problems with them yet, still trying to break them in.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Interesting, both me and my wife got a new pair back in October, our first pair of Kenetreks. See a lot of good and bad reviews here. We've wore them some to work on breaking them in, seem good so far.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Sorry to dig this old tread up, but I'm at a crossroad with my 3 year old Kenetrek ME's. The soles are gone now, I am considering sending them in to Kenetrek to have them re-soled. It will cost me $150 to do so according to their site. The boots are comfortable now, but they do leak. I cannot afford another pait of $400 boots this year, should I bite the bullet and have my wore out, leaking Kenetreks re-soled and buy some seal skin socks or buy a pait of Danner Pronghorns? Either way I will be spending about the same amount of money.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 22 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberstalker View Post
    Sorry to dig this old tread up, but I'm at a crossroad with my 3 year old Kenetrek ME's. The soles are gone now, I am considering sending them in to Kenetrek to have them re-soled. It will cost me $150 to do so according to their site. The boots are comfortable now, but they do leak. I cannot afford another pait of $400 boots this year, should I bite the bullet and have my wore out, leaking Kenetreks re-soled and buy some seal skin socks or buy a pait of Danner Pronghorns? Either way I will be spending about the same amount of money.
    If it was me, I'd go with the Pronghorns. They are a much softer boot all around, but who's to say putting a new sole on your Kenetreks won't stiffen them up again and make them uncomfortable? My Danners started leaking in about 3 years, but other than that they are still good boots. I'd buy a new pair, personally, while you save up for another high end pair. In my opinion, nothing ruins a hunt faster than constantly wet feet.
    Now therefore, please take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me.
    Genesis 27:3 (NKJV)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to tdcour For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I think that's the direction I am going to go tdcour.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I bought the Mendle hikers from Cabelas in September for a Montana deer hunt in November. Wore them every chance I could before the hunt. Absolutely love them. Did great on the hunt and I still wear them when ever I can. Have not worn any of the higher end boots and have not back packed for several days in a row. Would recommend from my experience.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Mr.D, Here's my 2 cents. I bought a pair of Kenetreks just before a wilderness elk/deer hunt, where I knew I would be putting on the miles! I only had about 5 miles break -in before the hunt and I had no issues with blisters or hot spots. The best boots I ever bought!! Last year I thought I would up-grade the insoles and bought a pair of the super soles that you heat in the oven and it moulds to your foot. They had alot of arch support for my flat feet. I walked about 3/4 mile and had two big blisters on both heels. I then bought insoles that were more in the shape of the ones that comes with the boots and never had another issue. If lace them tight around the ankle and walk around and feel no slippage, they should work great for your feet. I love my kenetreks and would buy another pair!!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 71 Times in 10 Posts
    How do you like your Tibets. I have the same boot and love them. I went with the Lanthrop insole and learned a great lacing technique from a friend which really made the boot even more comfortable. Love the lace locks on the boot as well. I even use them now for my weekly pack hike.
    Quote Originally Posted by tdcour View Post
    Well, I bit the bullet and returned my Kennetreks and bought a pair of Lowa Tibet GTX boots. I must say the fit is much better for my foot, but they don't seem to be quite as comfortable. A good aftermarket insole should fix that. They look like they will be great boots and the lacing system is awesome! I'll be testing them out in December for a week or so, I just hope I can get them a little broken in before then.
    Last edited by 25contender; 04-04-2014 at 10:40 AM.