Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 2 Posts

Kenetrek Mountain extreme's

Tried on these boots and they fit amazing, was just wonderning if anyone had used them in the feild and if the have had any problems because I dont want to drop $400 on a pair of boots that could fail me. I hunt high country in the Independence,Bull run,Jarbidge and Toyabie mountain ranges and put alot of miles on my boots. Anyone have any expierience with these boots?
    2010 Mathews Reezen 7.0 70# draw
    G5 optik sight
    Tru Fire Hardcore
    Carbon Express Maxima Hunters

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 30 Times in 3 Posts
    Only negative I have is they're a wee bit stiff.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Three years with them and I will probably get another two or three. I've heard some people have issues with heal slip and/or leaking. I've experienced neither of those issues. I do have the rand start to separate from time to time, but I get it re-glued as soon as possible. I would have zero hesitation purchasing another pair when these are worn out.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 54 Times in 3 Posts
    I had the heal slip. The boots are the most comfortable I have owned. I just couldn't handle the heal slip. Could not get rid of it.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 57 Times in 8 Posts
    These Kenetreks have had a notorious problem for heel slip and blistered heels. I own a pair and it shreaded both of my heels and I had NEVER had blister problems before. Besides that it is an excellent boot in all other regards (really).

I recently saw a Facebook post from a prominent outdoor guy and he had just bought a pair and the newest generation of Kenetrek Mountain Extremes and they have apparently corrected the heel pocket problem. If you were certain you had the newest generation and the heel pocket issue is indeed fixed I would definitely give them a try.

This spring I bought a pair of Lowa Tibets to replace my Kenetreks. They fit and feel amazing. I spent a few weeks and sorted through several pairs via Zappos (free shipping both ways) until I found a pair that fit perfectly. Crispi also makes an excellent boot and very comfortable boot but they did not fit me quite right.

No matter what boot you get make sure it fits you PERFECTLY. Spend significant time (like hours) wearing them indoors. When you get your boots get on an incline treadmill and do a 1/4 or 1/2 mile to see how they feel. Also make sure your toes won't jam on a downhill decent. The test I used was to sit down on a couch on a carpeted floor and try hard to slide my foot forward into the boot and see if my toes jammed. Those are some ways to test the fit without damaging them so you can still return the boots if the fit is not correct.
    Last edited by Umpqua Hunter; 08-17-2013 at 12:02 PM.
    Grand Slam #1005 + 2: Dall (1986 Yukon), Fannin/Stone (1987 Yukon), Bighorn (1988 Colorado Unit S-26), Stone (1995 British Columbia), Desert (2001 Nevada Unit 161), Bighorn (2009 Wyoming Unit 5)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Umpqua Hunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 2 Posts
    Thanks everyone, I am sure the boots were the new ones, i just took them out for a weekend and i really loved them, absolutely no problems or complaints,get these boot,best i have ever worn!
    2010 Mathews Reezen 7.0 70# draw
    G5 optik sight
    Tru Fire Hardcore
    Carbon Express Maxima Hunters

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I had/have the heel slip problem. It mainly shows up when i get on steep uphill terrain. No issues on moderate terrain. Bought them last year, so I don't know if they are the new or old design. Probably put 75 miles on them and slowly getting a little better. i still wouldnt take them on a multiday hunt though. Not worth the $$ in my opinion.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 60 Times in 7 Posts
    I know I won't buy another pair. Blisters and wet feet, not too impressed to be honest.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Love them. Will never buy another brand. Hundreds of hard miles and still work great.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to nwwa huner For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I absolutely love them. I have flat feet and they treat me great. They have a deeper aggressive tread than a lot of other boots which makes them grab rocks, roots or whatever is on the ground. Last year my buddies were slipping around in the mountains of Colorado and I never once slipped and fell down. Some boots are narrow giving them less tread while the Kenetreks are wide. For me the stiffness is an added and necessary feature. Soft boots are great when hiking around with little or no weight on your back but if your packing out a deer or elk the stiffness gives you the support your foot needs to handle the weight. A soft boot allows your foot to break down over time and I learned the hard way that soft is not where its at. I'm on my 3rd pair since 2007 and I will keep buying them in the future. I live in Elko and hunt the Rubies every year and Kene's are the shit! fatrascal.