Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Thanks

What would he score??? (Sheep)

An old guy I know shot this Stone's back in the 40's. Definitely a monster. He's killed a lot of trophies, but he doesn't really get the whole scoring thing. What do you guys think? Even though it looks huge in these pics, they still don't do the horns justice. I've never seen any photos of a bigger one besides maybe the world record ram.

Here are a couple Dall's he also killed back in the day:

Last edited by BigSurArcher; 04-19-2011 at 04:33 PM.

Thanks
    Holy smokes, those are incredible!!! Definitely the things dreams are made of!!!
    NRA Life Member OHA Life Member
    Hunter for Life

The mountains of Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming
    Thanks
    I have never put a tape to anything near that size, so i will just go ahead and say it is an absolute monster, and thats my answer on score also.

Thanks
    Absolutely amazing! What beautiful animals!! A score of ANY KIND would never do them justice!!
    NRA Life Member
    RMEF
    Montana Wild Sheep Foundation
    Boone & Crockett Club
    Montana Bow Hunters Association

"One loves to possess arms though they hope never to."
    Thomas Jefferson

Thanks
    The stone looks to be about 8 1/2 years old, and I would only be guessing, but I would be safe in saying 190+. The Dall's can't tell. But the first one looks bigger. His lamb tips hook out, and are not broomed. These sheep are in a class of there own, and something only a few of us could ever imagine seeing on the hoof.

Thanks
    Dang, I can't quit looking at these pics!
    Firearrow, I agree. I was guessing close to 200.
    Hunter for Life

Thanks
    I had thought 200+ also, but couldn't see his mass good enough. Would hate to get slammed by someone making a bad est. The length on his right side has to off the chart. Like I said earlier, in a class of there own.

Thanks
    I have looked at it a lot over the years and always figured it was over 200. The mass is crazy on it. Wish I had a pic from behind the show the mass better... but you guys get the idea. The sad thing is, the hunter is almost 90 and has no family left that gives a rats ass about his trophies, nor do they understand how valuable sheep of that caliber are (maybe a good thing?). I've been wanting to ask him if I could take them over when he's gone but I just don't know how to do it. Ideas?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSurArcher View Post
    The sad thing is, the hunter is almost 90 and has no family left that gives a rats ass about his trophies, nor do they understand how valuable sheep of that caliber are (maybe a good thing?). I've been wanting to ask him if I could take them over when he's gone but I just don't know how to do it. Ideas?
    I would say just sit down with him and let him know how special you think those sheep mounts of his are and that you would hate to see something bad happen to them after he is gone. You want to make sure they are taken care of and shared with others who I believe would feel it a very special thing to get to see them. Thanks for sharing the photographs with us because they are really very special. I think you should sit down with him with a digital recorder going and have him tell you the stories of how he got each ram so that you could have that record also just to be a part of the memory of these animals and this special guy that was able to take them.
    David.
    NRA Life Member
    RMEF
    Montana Wild Sheep Foundation
    Boone & Crockett Club
    Montana Bow Hunters Association

"One loves to possess arms though they hope never to."
    Thomas Jefferson

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 6mm Remington View Post
    I would say just sit down with him and let him know how special you think those sheep mounts of his are and that you would hate to see something bad happen to them after he is gone. You want to make sure they are taken care of and shared with others who I believe would feel it a very special thing to get to see them. Thanks for sharing the photographs with us because they are really very special. I think you should sit down with him with a digital recorder going and have him tell you the stories of how he got each ram so that you could have that record also just to be a part of the memory of these animals and this special guy that was able to take them.
    David.
    Great idea 6mm
    Hunter for Life