Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    UPDATE... I finally had a chance to try out the smaller .501 Thor bullets today. I also bought some T7 primers to see if they would help with the crud ring. All I can say is WOW! These are the most accurate bullets I've ever shot out of a muzzleloader! I shot 4 times at 50 yds, then 3 times at 75 yds. Made an adjustment and shot twice more at 75. All but one of my 50 yd shots were touching and all three of my first 75 yd shots were touching. In fact they looked like one big hole! With open sites, I've never had a group this good.

The new T7 primers did seem to leave less of a crud ring than my other primers but didn't eliminate it completely. The good thing is I was able to shoot, then re-load with a fouled barrel and shoot again. I was able to do this with all my shots, one on a clean barrel, then one with a fouled barrel. They weren't the easiest to load but I feel confident that I could re-load in the field okay.

I'd still like to do some more testing and use some BH209 but with hunting season only a couple weeks away I'm pretty confident with the load I have worked up with 90 grains of 777. I'm planning to pitch the T/C after this season anyway and get a new Knight, so I'll be back to starting all over anyway.
    Last edited by CoHiCntry; 09-01-2013 at 05:27 PM.

Banned
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Sounds like you got a handle on it.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by CoHiCntry View Post
    I'm planning to pitch the T/C after this season anyway and get a new Knight, so I'll be back to starting all over anyway.
    Why would you pitch the TC since your shooting such tight groups? Sounds to me you have a found the load your muzzy likes the best.

Banned
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    What TC do you have? I'm looking to buy an inline for next years hunt. I'll be hunting a new area that's going to require longer shots than I can make with a sidelock and iron sights.

I'm going to have to use one of those blasted scope thingys.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Hunter View Post
    What TC do you have? I'm looking to buy an inline for next years hunt. I'll be hunting a new area that's going to require longer shots than I can make with a sidelock and iron sights.

I'm going to have to use one of those blasted scope thingys.
    It's a T/C .50 cal Omega, all camo. I'm only about an hour from BV if we struck a deal!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by tdub24 View Post
    Why would you pitch the TC since your shooting such tight groups? Sounds to me you have a found the load your muzzy likes the best.
    I was thinking the same thing after I posted that comment! I've been eyeing one of the new Knight ultra lights and the mountaineer. I'd also like to get a new sidelock.

Banned
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    It's a T/C .50 cal Omega, all camo. I'm only about an hour from BV if we struck a deal!
    Any idea what you want for it, and when you'd be selling it? I like Omega's. I had one a couple of years ago, and it was a good shooter.

You can PM if you'd like.

Thanks
    Congratulations

No Excuses results

Just to add my input, I shot the No Excuses 460 Gr 50 cal bullets in my T/C Hawken last year for both my CO bull moose and cow elk (90 gr 777 for both). The first shot at my bull moose was at 120 yards and I hit it high but it hit a rib and was enough to paralyze it and drop it in it's tracks (but still alive and trying to get up, so I did a follow up shot as I got close). The second shot was at 20 yards right through the chest. I recovered both slugs (even the 20 yard shot was not a complete pass through). Two days later I shot a cow elk at 75 yards, and although I did not recover the slug, it was not a complete pass through (no exit hole). However, the cow also dropped in it's tracks and did not require a follow up shot (the first shot was a perfect behind the shoulder shot). So, the good news is that both animals dropped immediately and the bullets mushroomed nicely, but I overall I was disappointed in the failure of the No Excuses bullets to make a complete pass through, even at relatively short distances, as I would have preferred a pass through shot with that heavy of a slug/load.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Steve Mzldr Elk 2012 - crop.jpg   Steve Moose 002 (1).jpg   Moose slugs.jpg  

Banned
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    I just bought a Triumph from a friend. So, don't sell it. It's sounds like it's working good for you.