Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chiggers

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 1 Post

Chiggers

Well I had my first experience with chiggers. I have been putting siding on our house and apparently I have been used as a buffet line on my legs and arms for the past few days. Now I am completely miserable. How do I stop the itch? I'm seriously dying here!
    Now therefore, please take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me.
    Genesis 27:3 (NKJV)

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    You can try different lotions. I've had decent luck with ChiggerX. You can get it at walgreens. There is a lot of misinformation out there about treating chigger bites. The only cure is time. I was infested with the damn things a few years ago after squirrel hunting. Did tons of research. the Missouri department of conservation has the best material if you are interested.

found the link http://mdc.mo.gov/conmag/2000/06/got...ers-it-figures
    Last edited by buckbull; 08-23-2013 at 08:34 PM. Reason: added url

3. The Following User Says Thank You to buckbull For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have put clear nail polish on thick around the bites and let it dry. It seals them off and the air doesn't get to them (the air makes them itch more).....then just don't itch. That's been my best remedy, haven't had a lotion do much for me.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 13 Times in 1 Post
    Clear nail polish works for me as well. That, or just itching until it bleeds, and then itch some more.
    My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I haven't tried the nail polish yet but i have heard that was just an old wives tale. Haha fink I'm definitely way ahead of you on your second piece of advice there! I apparently have terrible will power because I just keep scratching and bleeding and scratching some more. Hopefully I'll just scratch the skin off to the bone and won't have problems soon!
    Now therefore, please take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Old wives tale or not, it worked for me

Thanks
    Congratulations
    The nail polish has always worked for me as well.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 17 Times in 3 Posts
    Boils some water on a stove. Take a small stainless spoon and heat it up in the water. Then take the spoon and touch each bite for a few seconds. This will trick the body to stop sending antihistamines to the bite site. This tricks the body into releasing histamines to relieve the itch. I live in chigger and tick country and it works for both. Or if you have a bunch just soak in hot water for a few minutes.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I have been dealing with these things since Monday and it seems like more are showing up daily! It seems to be getting a little better... slowly, but getting better. I guess this is one way to say "Welcome to Kansas"! I'll be trying the spoon trick and finger nail polish trick tonight to see which one works for me. Thanks for all the advice everyone!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    best solution..... get the hell out of chigger country! i hate those blasted things. i lived over by pocahontas arkansas for a while many years back and those things are the devil. nail polish!!!