Thread: Gvsc

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 27 Times in 3 Posts

Gvsc

Any members on board here? I know there's only 100 members, with me being the "newest". Just wondering if we have anyone on site.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My dad is a member of the Ncsc. I'd be suprised if there was a member here. I heard a nice 4x3 was shot on the opener by member near the cabin.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    What is GVSC? The closest thing I can think of is Grand Valley State U. in Michigan.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 27 Times in 3 Posts
    Grass Valley Sportsmans Club. Really neat lodge in a secluded location. Commercial kitchen, 40 bedrooms, big living space, all nestled on a medium sized lake with great fishing. The hunting I have yet to delve into, but with the amount of timber harvest and new growth, I should be able to pull a buck out. There's only 100 memberships, and a waiting list for those that do come available, which isn't many. I bought my membership, which lasts my lifetime, with $250 annual fee, and when I pass on, it gets inherited to my son. It's really a great deal for me, as my kids are 16, and 17yo teenagers. They absolutely love it, as they both love fishing/hunting. It's located in California's d3 zone at approx 7000'. From my doorstep, I can be on site in 1.5 hours. It's been around since 1818, and many memberships are grandfathered in, which makes it even more the better!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    OK, I went to Grass Valley several times way, way back in my teens. I never knew about the club, though.

In fact, one reason I remember Grass Valley is that I took a hit in the chest one time not far from there. It was a lead chip from a splitting wedge that broke off as I was splitting wood. It bled like a son of a gun, soaking the front of my shirt in no time. I wondered if I would make it to the Grass Valley hospital in time and then the bleeding just stopped. That little chip stayed in my chest muscle for years, showing up on X-rays and eventually just got absorbed, I guess.