Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have a cow tag for Lake Pillsbury Tule Elk

I have a cow tag for Lake Pillsbury Tule Elk. Has any one had this opportunity. Where is the best place to camp or RV? Is there a meat locker any where close? Any suggestions on where to hunt? The hunt is Sept. 11 2013 not a lot of time left. I have two friends to help me with the chores and I could really use some good advise from any one who knows this area. THANKS...
    Last edited by gameload1187; 08-28-2013 at 07:21 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulations on getting a tag. Have you hit up the California Game and Fish folks yet for some information? I've found them to be really helpful in the past for hunting and fishing. I'm sure you have probally seen this on their site but I did see some information listed there for hunt information, and such. http://www.dfg.ca.gov/wildlife/hunti...ule/hunts.html

I'm not much help. Other than fishing and hunting turkey there a bit I'm not all that familar with the Elk herd there. Again congratulations and I hope you have an awesome hunt!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kevin Root For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Thanks I think I will call Fish and Wildlife perhaps they can put me in touch with their warden for that area. I work near the office in Sacramento I could start there. It has a 100% hunter success and I would hate to be the one to blow it!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Let us know how it turns out here. I'm sure you will get one if you are able to put the time in. I'm sure the Game and Fish will point you in the right direction. It's awesome to get a tag. I've been applying for an Elk tag here in California for a while now and I've yet to get one in the state. It's like hitting the lottery getting one here. Good luck to you gameload1187 and welcome to the forum.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    The last time I was at Lake Pillsbury was about 5-6 years ago in August for an archery deer hunt. The bulls were buglin and they all came off the lake between the pay campground and the free government campground by the airport. There were at least 100-150 head. The road going in is rough but there should be plenty of room at the free campground for an rv since it is between archery and rifle deer hunts. I think we camped at Pogie Point which has restrooms and picnic tables. The free camp is a dry camp. Like a said it has been a few years but the elk seemed to feed on the grasses at the lake.