Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    I would trust your own eyes.

Parking lot comparisons tell some of the story, but not everything.

The Meopta comes in angled as well.

You don't hear of many dissatisfied Swarovski customers, so rest easy and enjoy the spotter. Congrats on a fine optical instrument. Which eyepiece did you get?
    Last edited by Bitterroot Bulls; 08-30-2013 at 10:23 PM.

Thanks
    Surprisingly it came with a 20x60 eyepiece, I didn't have to buy it separately!!! I completely agree with you about parking lot comparisons telling only part of the story..... fortunately this parking lot has a few small mountains around it near and far that you can view and the optics guys were having a good time going through the different models out there also. I'm surprised at how long they were ok with all of it. Short of test driving a couple of these units for a few days or week up in the high country, I don't know what else you could do to get a 100% feel for the nuances between them. They did have a Brunton optics test poster mounted up on a dark wall at the back of the store that looked something like an eye chart you might see at the ophthalmologists office that I was checking them out on. However, the store is lit with fluorescent lights and I wanted to see how they worked in natural daylight.
    I didn't find an angled Meopta when looking around for them today...... An oversight (pun intended) on my part......
    Thanks for the reassurances on the glass.......right at 2k out the door I gulped a little (ok, a lot) and hope I made a smart long term purchase.
    I'm also interested in doing some digiscoping with this spotter using an iPhone and a DSLR, what do you recommend I consider for mounting attachments and what other eyepieces do you think would really complement the spotter?
    Thanks again for the help

Thanks
    You did not shoot yourself in the foot but you might of made your foot bullet proof with your choice, lol. Swaro is one of the top of the line spotters and you should never have to buy another one unless you just want to. What it boils down to though, is whatever spotter worked the best for you is the one you needed to get wether that be swaro, zeiss, vortex, meopta, zen ray, redfield or whatever it is that YOUR eyes see through the best. For you it turned out to be swarovski which is one of the best. Congrats on your purchase. fatrascal.

Thanks
    You will be very happy with your purchase. I haven't regretted buying my STS 65 HD for one second. My wife on the other hand....

Thanks
    As for digiscoping I am currently using the Kowa iPhone adapter with my iPhone 4s and it is working great. Another great option is the phoneskope. They have a new model that will work with just about any scope due to its mounting system.