Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If your looking for a little bigger pack with a few more options than the j34 the eberlestock j107 dragon fly would be the way to go. I've been happy with mine.
    -NRA Life Member
    -Wild Sheep Foundation, <1 club

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Many people with a LOT of backpack hunting experience consider Kifaru and Stone Glacier packs to be the best hunting packs available.
    Kuiu is another pack that gets some very good reviews, especially from their later versions. It is my understanding that Kuiu is a new player in the hunting pack game.

These 3 are light weight (SG is lightest weight) and can haul heavy loads as per reviews on various forums, I personally have no experience with any of these.

These 3 packs will cost $550-$750+, depending on accessories and custom modifications. Each one will have its own advantages.

Just remember, everyone has their own favorite pack and will have valid reasons why they think it is best. I sort of compare it to the "best rifle caliber discussion", there is no right or wrong answer, you have to find what works best for your application within a given price range.

Hopefully some of the guys on this forum that have a lot of experience with packs and back pack hunting will give some input.

Good Luck on your research

Thanks
    Congratulations
    LA thank you i will look them up. $$ is little more then what I was looking to spend

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 11 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LaHunter View Post
    Many people with a LOT of backpack hunting experience consider Kifaru and Stone Glacier packs to be the best hunting packs available.
    Kuiu is another pack that gets some very good reviews, especially from their later versions. It is my understanding that Kuiu is a new player in the hunting pack game.
    Definitely can't argue this. If your backpack hunting a lot these packs are probably the way to go. They are pricey but a good pack if your using it for the intended purpose is worth it. It really depends on what your looking for. If your hunting style is mostly day hunts where you want a scabbard and the potential to expand and carry out meat with the occasional 1 or 2 day over nighters, then an Eberlestock or similar would probably suite your needs. If you want a pack for 5 to 10 day backpack hunts, you probably should look at the packs mentioned above. Its all about your style of hunting.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Eberelestock Blue Widow is an excellent pack and you can easily take on/off a scabbard or bow bucket. It also expands out huge, especially with accessories, and also compacts down to a decent size day pack.

The Eberlestock Team Elk Pack is pretty sweet too, has scabbard and bow bucket built in, decent frame built in and is big enough to bivy out for a night or 2.

The new Remedy 7/Blacks Creek packs are pretty nice too but they carry the rifle on the side (exposed) as do some of the others mentioned.

If you want a scabbard and a decent price, Eberlestock is the way to go, I love both of mine!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on J34 today . I seen them on eBay $329 with free attachment .