Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Mountain House individually packed meals...

Just want to see if anybody else here would be interested...

I asked Mountain House if they can do individual-sized servings of various entrees in vacuum-packed packages on-demand.

If they are willing and able to do so for this year, would anybody else here be interested?

If they can and we get several people who are interested, I'll also ask if they can do a deal on the price.

If there is interest, I'll let everybody know what they say and go from there.
    Ah, the nostalgic aroma of a yak dung stove brewing up some tea full of herbs best left untranslated.
    From the Zen Backpacking Site

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Im a bit confused. You want different size mt house meals? Like different from the 1 or 2 serving size?
    http://www.solooutdoor.com/ Contact me for used optic specials!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Most of their meals are marked as two servings per pack. I am guessing that JMSZ is inquiring for them to do single serving size packs. I would be interested.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I'm confused too... There meals are already individually sized.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by 25contender View Post
    Most of their meals are marked as two servings per pack. I am guessing that JMSZ is inquiring for them to do single serving size packs. I would be interested.
    I see. I don't think the 2 serving size is to much for a meal. The pro packs were a little smaller. Not sure if they sell those anymore? Haven't looked for any in awhile.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Ive always thought they sell 1 serving and 2 serving packets of all types of meals. I always buy the 2 serving packets and use that as 1 meal.
    http://www.solooutdoor.com/ Contact me for used optic specials!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by JMSZ View Post
    Just want to see if anybody else here would be interested...

I asked Mountain House if they can do individual-sized servings of various entrees in vacuum-packed packages on-demand.

If they are willing and able to do so for this year, would anybody else here be interested?

If they can and we get several people who are interested, I'll also ask if they can do a deal on the price.

If there is interest, I'll let everybody know what they say and go from there.
    My girlfriend doesn't eat them because she can't finish them and there was a time or two when I couldn't finish them either. She was going to email them and ask if they could make smaller portion sized meals too.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    The Pro Paks are smaller (single serving), they're vacuum-packed (no ballooning at altitude), and they are available in many of the same flavors. Yes, they are still available. I use them almost exclusively!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    To clarify, yes, I am asking them if they can do individual servings, most that I have seen, on their website and other places, are 2 or more servings per package. I just want one serving per package.

I am going to use a smaller size freeze-dried meal so I have something hot to eat and supplement it with something hydrated to reduce the amount of water I need to use for a meal.

I can eat 2 servings with no problem, I just want to cut down the amount of water I have to use for each hot meal. I could buy them, open them and then vacuum seal them myself, but if Mountain House will do it for me, that would be a lot less work and prep for me.

I have only seen pro-packs for a limited number of entrees and even those are listed as two servings. I want creamed beef (SOS for those of you who remember it), among other things. It seems like their more popular ones come in pro-packs, the rest only come in larger sizes (creamed beef, for example, is only sold in 54 serving cans).

The regular packs inflate like balloons at higher elevations, so I am limited to pro-packs or vacuum sealing my own.
    Ah, the nostalgic aroma of a yak dung stove brewing up some tea full of herbs best left untranslated.
    From the Zen Backpacking Site

Thanks
    Congratulations
    You have my vote on smaller portions. I was forcing myself to eat too much just so as not to be toting fresh smelling food on me in last seasons hunt. I would buy smaller servings if they sold them.
    Vacuum sealing them at the factory would lead to most packages being punctured by the food before use. They get bumped around way too much to hold up from factory to field. That air pocket is somewhat of a protection against that.

However, I can see them marketing smaller packaged meals that have less air....call them High Altitude pro packs or something. Charge more for them and say they have more for you with a NEW smaller package. People would buy them like Sitka gear. Haha.
    (Making fun of those willing to pay $500 for a jacket that cost $13 to make).

Market the idea to them, but I would expect to see a higher price for them if they do. Hopefully not though, as I see this as a benefit for those of us who arent into the extra large size meals.
    I hunt because......
    Check out my shops website!!! www.blackvelvetcustoms.com

11. The Following User Says Thank You to wolftalonID For This Useful Post: