Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    1) current weight 215
    2) goal 185
    3) Goals, overall fitness, lose 30 lbs, build upper body and core muscle, be able to hunt hard for 5 straights days in the Snake River area of Oregon this year for mule deer and the Mt St Helens area for elk if I get drawn. Do some serious multi-day backpacking trips in the summer to scout with my brother.
    4) work out every day, and vary my routine, from the treadmill, to stair climber to free weights to biking and running. The hardest for me will be to change my eating habits. I am a great cook and love to entertain. I plan to eat very sensible during the week and only have a big meal once on the weekend if I have met my fitness goals for the week. Of course vension (lean meat) is always on the menu!

Eastmans' Staff
    Thanks
    1.) Current Wt.: 209 lbs.
    2.) Goal Wt.: 195 lbs.
    3.) Fitness Goals: Run the Bighorn 50k trail ultra-marathon in June.
    4.) Strategies: My girlfriend is a personal trainer and my running partner. I basically do what I am told. It would be nice to get some better weather so I can start running soon.
    N. Guy Eastman
    Publisher
    Eastmans' Hunting Journals

Thanks
    1. Current Weight- 168
    2. Goal Weight- 155
    3. Other goals- Get my 6 Pack Abs back (I haven't seen them for 30 years)!
    4. Strategy- Increase the intensity of my daily workouts, drop the sugar and starchy carbs, pay attention to posture when working at my desk and isometrically work abs constantly

Best of Luck,
    Jeff

Thanks
    1) current weight: 170
    2) goal weight: 165
    3) goals: develop cardio and endurance by running 3 - 5 mornings per week, weight training a couple times a week. I can loose the 5 pounds by eating a little better and cutting portions. Cutting back on the beer would help....but probably won't happen. I play softball twice a week, pretty much year 'round, so that helps. I also want to strengthen my core and legs for lower back support. At 52 and a bad low back, I have to build up to longer runs and more intense training. My latest inspiration is Cameron Hanes. That guy is a fitness animal ! 100mile ultra-marathons....are you kidding me!! Read his home page article at http://www.cameronhanes.com/ "Train Hard - Hunt Easy".
    Any suggestions on core/low back strengthening?

Thanks
    1 -Current Weight 260
    2 - Goal weight is 230...or about 13% body fat
    3 - My running goal is to be able to run 10miles without stopping. I like to play golf so I plan on walking rather then riding, I play softball at least 2 times a week during the summer and fall. I plan on starting cross-fit next month, I'm currently run 2mile about 3 days a week and plan on increasing this next month to 4 miles. The hardest part for me is I don't enjoy long distance running, but because of my love for hunting I'm using the bugle of elk as my motivation.

Thanks
    1 - current weight 123
    2 - goal weight 120
    3 - Okay, I honestly don't care about losing weight, but rather just getting in the best condition for the backcountry for when September rolls around. I'm focusing on my endurance this year. In order to be ready for opening day, my fitness goal for the year is to qualify and run the Pikes Peak 1/2 marathon ascent - and to not keel over from oxygen deficiency before reaching the top. I've been training pretty hard so far and am up to 4-5 miles 3x a week. The only thing I'm wondering is if people at the gym would look at me funny if I started wearing my badlands pack on the treadmill. kidding!

Thanks
    1) Current Weight 165
    2) Goal 150
    3) Get into GREAT shape for this coming hunting season. Run half marathon in June
    4) Do a little P90X, and lots of running and hiking

Thanks
    1) 198.... 35" waist
    2) 180.... 33" waist
    3) Increase overall strength 25%+
    4) Six small meals six days a week... fruit, veggies, lean meats, nuts and water.... weights 3 days/cardio 3 days
    seventh day will be rest
    Christian/Father/Husband/Hunter/NRA Life Benefactor /GOA Life Member/American/USAF NCO

Thanks
    Sorry all but im a youngun... 21 actually.
    haha but....
    Current:137 as of today.
    Goal: More full body strength. Get two steps ahead on whatever im hunting.
    I do not ever stop. I lift everyday. I hike on the weekends excluding winter. (winter here is a few feet of snow and an avarage of -20 degrees). I constantly shoot my bow. I run and do whatever it takes to get a leg up! Im 21 and in great shape but i have a titanium rod and four screws in my right leg and it slows my greatest pasion of hunting. I will do whatever it takes to over come whatever obstacle i face!

Thanks
    1) Current weight 235
    2) Goal weight 200
    3) I want to be able to run the other guys that I hunt with into the ground
    4) I lift and do cardio about 5 days a week.