Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Thanks
    1. 255
    2. 220
    3. Get Smaller, Faster, Stronger
    4. I started with a 5-6 day a week cardio for an hour and 10-20 min circuit. If I can keep it up I should be ready for bear the 15th and keep going from there.

Thanks
    Weigh in last night - 336 lbs

Lost 8 lbs in ten days. I have been severely limiting my food intake. I think the first 20-30 lbs are the easiest to lose when you are as over-weight as I am. I'm still shooting for 100lb loss.

RYAN - Thanks for starting this thread and encouraging me to go for it!
    "If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice."

Thanks
    1.Current Weight = 180
    2.Goal Weight = ? (will see at the end of the summer) (IMO this shouldn't be a focus. The more you work on your routine and get in it you will find your ideal body weight. If you pick a number and hit that number your motivation and work ethics are likely to go by the way side)
    3.Other goals- to do another century ride this summer or the Tour de Tahoe.
    4.Cycle three days a week averaging 60-90 miles per week for four months. Continue to weight train and eat as healthy as I can. In August I will focus more on climbing and hauling a pack around.

Thanks
    Good job! Keep it up!!
    Quote Originally Posted by BADbuckfever View Post
    Weigh in last night - 336 lbs

Lost 8 lbs in ten days. I have been severely limiting my food intake. I think the first 20-30 lbs are the easiest to lose when you are as over-weight as I am. I'm still shooting for 100lb loss.

RYAN - Thanks for starting this thread and encouraging me to go for it!

Thanks
    320 to start, goal weight by Antelope archery opener 250, gonna do weights,cardio and take my kids on scouting trips. Alot of backpacking. Hauled out 2 front shoulders, while dragging a hind quarter of my buddies elk. I thought i was gonna die.

Thanks
    Current weight - 225
    Target weight - 195
    Training techniques - varieties of: running, mountain biking, backpacking, swimming, upper body strength training, Insanity circuit, shoot my bow, restrict my diet
    Measuring sticks (Goals) - compete in three local adventure races, finish in the top ten in one, group 12/12 arrows in a 4" target at 70 yards, climb the Lake Michigan sand dunes with a weighted pack for at least an hour, three times this summer (that's gonna suck!)

Great idea for a thread! Ed Cole says, "It's not real unless it's written down." I've been talking about this for a month. I guess It's time to go on my first run. Thanks.

Thanks
    Current weight - 256
    Target- 210
    Training - eliptical, weights, Running once my weight is down 25 (football knees) limit my calorie intake
    Goals - got to pack an elk out this fall need I say more.

Thanks
    Current weight 248
    Goal weight - under 220
    Training - I spend alot of hours on horseback working which helps build leg muscle and core strength. Also I've been heading out with a 43lb pack walking 3-4 miles through the steepest country around, trying to hit all the rocky sidehills to strengthen my ankles every other day. On my 6th week of doing it currently. I also pick out a rock at unknown range while winded and shoot one shot each trip, concentrating on making it perfect. I work on getting the rifle out of the eberlestock and on target quick and smooth using a bipod, pack, or improvised rest. Also I shoot my 22 or centerfire rifles 3-5 days per week all year. I don't want work my tail off to get a shot only to miss or worse cripple game.
    Goals - I will be 32 this summer and can't just rely on youth and effort to get around in the mountains anymore, so I need to make changes to keep tough hunts enjoyable. My goal is to be able to keep up with the guy I elk hunt with, a feat very few have ever accomplished.

My biggest challenge is that I seem to have a much easier time gaining muscle than losing fat. Since starting my walking routine I have gained 8lbs. I am getting more fit and the hills are getting easier, but I really don't want to gain alot of muscle just lose the gut and tone up.
    Last edited by mcseal2; 03-27-2011 at 08:18 AM. Reason: typos

Thanks
    Back again start running Jan. 31 2011 weight 238lbs last night after my run 216lbs headin for 200 yee haa

Thanks
    320 started
    303 now