Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Muley limited quota Unit preference

Looking for thoughts, opinions and preferences on limited quota mule deer units that are obtainable with 3 to 4 preference points!! We wil be looking for good bucks 150 class an above i have been on several general tag hunts and have shot some ok smaller bucks looking for a GOOD hunt this time around!!Must have public land access will be doing this hunt on our own!!! Any and all comments are appreciated!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    I think we'd all like to draw a unit like that with only 3 or 4 PPs, but it's tough with as many people that are buying and saving PPs for the top units. This year I had a 5.5 PP average with another guy that I partied with and the tags were gone in the 6 and 7 PP pools before it got to us. I doubt that anyone that is still looking at drawing a tag in the next few years is going to tell you where they're applying.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 6 Times in 5 Posts
    I was thinking exactly what Topgun told you. That is information few are going to give out, cause the competition is too stiff. Dang it's still hard to draw good units with max points.

After drawing a couple years ago, I am at 2 points and my wife is at 3. Finding a good unit, or even a small area within a unit, that can be drawn with low points takes a ton of hard work and research to dig out.
    Grand Slam #1005 + 2: Dall (1986 Yukon), Fannin/Stone (1987 Yukon), Bighorn (1988 Colorado Unit S-26), Stone (1995 British Columbia), Desert (2001 Nevada Unit 161), Bighorn (2009 Wyoming Unit 5)

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 2 Posts
    I think just about any area can produce a 150 class deer, but it is going to require work.

As far as what areas to draw...I have no idea as our party only falls in the <2 point category and I am sure a lot of things will change before we start to seriously think about a unit to draw. Every antelope place I discover on my own turns into a blue chip unit that same year, I am always a year to late in my discoveries.

My recommendation...a green or yellow unit can be just as good for a person who is willing to work hard as a blue chip unit, some exception of course but in general I think thats the case.

Right now we are getting to know a few areas that we can hunt every year.