Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Area 7 bull killed opening day

Thought I'd share this with you. Guy from Cody paid big bucks to go on wagonhound to elk hunt. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378508320.468913.jpg 
Views:	253 
Size:	9.9 KB 
ID:	6403Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378508331.489485.jpg 
Views:	304 
Size:	11.1 KB 
ID:	6404

Gross scores 393

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 7 Times in 1 Post
    I guess wagonhound is a ranch. That bull would deff be spendy on private land/outfitter. I don't think Ill ever pay to hunt, allways willing to donate meat to landowner and leave the place better than I found it. If I don't know how to hunt a certain area or animal then I will work my way up and learn. I find that is the only way for me and my friends and it makes everything truly rewarding. I understand that their r plenty of arguments for paying, such as being handicapped or no public land. I just don't think I would do it if I had to pay to hunt with a stranger. Gotta love the west. Just sick of every magazine I pick up lately or hear about is guided. That's why I enjoy Eastmans so much, almost all DIY or DIE.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I agree, that was most likely on public land. The outfitter claims its private but where they own is only an 1/8 mile of land. The rest is national forest that is landlocked

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by kcaves View Post
    I agree, that was most likely on public land. The outfitter claims its private but where they own is only an 1/8 mile of land. The rest is national forest that is landlocked
    Right Kcaves, that's how it works in Wyoming. Pay big bucks to cross a strip of private land to get to..and hunt on public land. And the worst part is that the landowner acts like he owns the public land.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Ya I know, one of his guides called the game warden on me last year. We went in on horses up in the area where that bull was killed. We had to go in from the bottom of the mountain and ride in. About 15 miles horseback. I showed the outfitter my route on my gps and he said its not possible

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Right you are, one hired flunky told me that my GPS must be wrong because the Boss Rancher told him the property line was "Over there...where the old fence USED to be" He also had Ranch "No Trespassing" signs hung on BLM fences, where my GPS said the property over the fence he posted was BLM for 3 miles. You know, these ranchers have full motorized access to all the BLM all year long for ranching purposes...yet they bitch about a few hunters using it for a week out of 52. And THEY can use ATV's...but hunters can't in most cases.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I don't care if it was guided or not, that is a monster bull!!!
    Arise... Kill, Eat! - Acts 10:13

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by shootbrownelk View Post
    Right you are, one hired flunky told me that my GPS must be wrong because the Boss Rancher told him the property line was "Over there...where the old fence USED to be" He also had Ranch "No Trespassing" signs hung on BLM fences, where my GPS said the property over the fence he posted was BLM for 3 miles. You know, these ranchers have full motorized access to all the BLM all year long for ranching purposes...yet they bitch about a few hunters using it for a week out of 52. And THEY can use ATV's...but hunters can't in most cases.
    Agree'd monster bull, I love Randy's idea of using a helicopter service to access land locked public. Given the choice I would certainly consider paying a helicopter service to access land locked public.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin W View Post
    Agree'd monster bull, I love Randy's idea of using a helicopter service to access land locked public. Given the choice I would certainly consider paying a helicopter service to access land locked public.
    Wagonhound Land and Livestock owns a heck of a lot more than 1/8 mile of land, more like an 1/8 of a county.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by HiMtnHnter View Post
    Wagonhound Land and Livestock owns a heck of a lot more than 1/8 mile of land, more like an 1/8 of a county.
    Well where this bull was killed, there is only an 1/8th mile of there land from the county road to the national forest boundary. I know how much land wagonhound has. It's sickening, but I'll be the first to admit, if I could afford it. I would own it all too