Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonGNV View Post
    We know which cliff face she's on. I couldn't lay eyes on her, putting a team together and bringing my climbing gear. Its a really bad spot.
    Damn brotha, thats serious work! I know the separation you guys face when losing a good dog, you stay manly and say its part of the game but in reality those dogs are your buddies! Im thinking about packing up camp and movin the fam to elko. Maybe I can start on a bit of this action. I could see myslef headlamped up looking for a working dog.
    http://www.solooutdoor.com/ Contact me for used optic specials!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to hardstalk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Very true Hardstalk, it is part of the hound game but my hounds are part of my family. I've put a lot into them and they give everything for me. I've lost a few dogs over the years and seen others lose dogs. Its never easy and you always have the what could I have done different going on in your head. Like with any animal though you only think your in control until they decided different. These dogs live to give chase and tree/bay quarry, if they are gonna go then hunting is the way I'm sure they want it. We've lost dogs for a week and pulled them out and they're hunting now. Like I said, every time I turn dogs loose I cringe a little cause you never know.

By the way Elko is an awesome place with tons of goodies for the hunter/outdoorsman. Hounds are fantastic but it will consume you, its a way of life to me. Dogs 365 day and night. Even the off season ya gotta keep them in shape and healthy. When the lion or bear or bobcat is in that tree looking down at you and your dogs are singing it makes every bit of it more than worth it. Do it buddy, you'll be hooked.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Back again today, hiked up from the bottom. 3 guys on the mountain, 1 on the floor. Searched everywhere we could and still can't locate her. Tried every trick I know to pin point her, all the cliffs and chutes are breaking havoc on telemetry signal. Wish he had GPS on her but he only had 1 collar. Not sure what to do next
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20130921_110108_108.jpg   IMG_20130921_100209_467.jpg  

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 4 Times in 3 Posts
    Dang that blows. Have you guys each hiked a chute? Sounds tough and daring but might be worth a try.

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk 🎯 🇺🇸
    2013 spyder turbo, 70lbs black out and 2013 pse omen max 60# stormy hardwoods green
    Limbdriver Pro V, Tight spot quiver, Single pin Hogg Father, Fuse carbon blade.
    Scott longhorn 3, Easton FMJ's

AKA: Velvet Feather

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I like your new Avatar Jason. Man that looks like hell on earth to me! I hope you can find her.
    I don't Break the rules, I Modify them.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ikeepitcold For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    does anyone know where to find the drawing odds for bear?? not seeing it on NDOW....

Thanks
    Congratulations
    We haven't been able to get enough guys that are physically capable of working the mountain peace by peace. I'm working on that now, the picture of the chute is the easier one to climb up. There are so many of them that once you in the middle of it you can't tell one from the other and coming in from the top is even worse. We need guys on top and below to really cover it. One tracking box took a crap on the mountain today so mine and one on the ground was it. My old buddy worked his way to the top but couldn't and shouldn't work through the chutes. For 70 he's a bad ass, he's working so hard its beating him up mentally and physically. We will find her one way or the other!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Hubba, all I know about the NV bear draw is right now its pretty much once in a lifetime. With 40 tags and a 20 bear quota its tough. I believe in the mandatory class it was roughly 4600 people put in for bear. So far its never hit the quota in 2 seasons, hopefully with our climbing population we can see more tags soon. A lot of anti organization's are preaching lies and have no scientific backing. They're making it tough tho!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Hope you find her! I would come help if I lived closer. We used to hunt deer with hounds when I was growing up but I have never hunted anything else with them.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I'm heading back again tomorrow, have 3 of us who can really search the mountain. Old man and another buddy have been out the last 2 days but couldn't search thoroughly due to physical limitations and I had commitments. Weather supposed to be moving in Tuesday evening so this could be the last hoorah. Really hope we can find her, at least for some closure. Gonna bust hump and search every nook and cranny and find her!