Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Glad you found her. Maybe it's time for her to retire. Hope she makes it.
    I don't Break the rules, I Modify them.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Like others I have been following this thread from day one. Glad to here you guys found her. Hope it all turns out good for her.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 14 Times in 2 Posts
    2 bears in 1 tree. Finally put some targeted at game up today! Hiking and free casting the dogs about 2 miles in from the end of the road. Trying to hit hard to access areas and find the big boy. Ended up putting up a roughly 300# sow with her cub. Really happy with the dogs and the results of the hard work! Couldn't fill a tag but still worth it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20130928_131942_688.jpg   IMG_20130928_130900_039.jpg  
    Last edited by JasonGNV; 09-28-2013 at 10:02 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    So the word is she will be living a retired life of luxury, permanenet hip damage but should be able to get around OK. Just won't be running the mountains anymore. Hate to see a good dog get hurt but anything that puts 110% into anything will see injury at some point in life.
    Going to be back at it again this weekend, went out Sunday and found several sets of tracks, dogs struck several times but nothing really big. Hopefully we can locate the big boy this weekend.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Glad to hear she will make it, retirement life cant be all that bad!!!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    The chase continues, headed back out Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Heading up to the spot we were successful last weekend, have a 9 mile loop we plan on hiking while free casting dogs. Have a damn good feeling about tomorrow. All the buddies are going together, should be a fun hunt and hopefully successful! I plan on posting some trophy pics!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Good Luck!
    Can't spell scum without U&M... Go 'Cats!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Good luck Jason!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Did 13 miles yesterday in what NDOW said was the highest population density area in NV. Nothing but old sign the whole way. Went out to one of my favorite spots today and had 3 solid races that blew up after 45 minutes to an hour of chase. Tons of deer in this area and they are breaking havoc on our hunts but still having a blast and learning something new every minute. We were gathering dogs up and had a bear coming lumbering off the mountain right behind us, looked our way and beat feet for the next country, I only had a couple young unproven dogs to send after the bear but let them go. They took the track good and opened on the track. They blazed that track and gave chase for a 1/4 mile and ran right into wood cutters, they said the bear went left when it saw them and a minute later the youngsters came blazing in and went right. The pups ended up jumping dear and fooling around before coming back out. Bear made a slick move and laughed at us! Really cool learning experience and seeing how tricky these bruins can be. Back at it tomorrow, so far 3 bears have been harvested according to NDOW and the hunting has been tough, dry dusty conditions.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonGNV View Post
    Did 13 miles yesterday in what NDOW said was the highest population density area in NV. Nothing but old sign the whole way. Went out to one of my favorite spots today and had 3 solid races that blew up after 45 minutes to an hour of chase. Tons of deer in this area and they are breaking havoc on our hunts but still having a blast and learning something new every minute. We were gathering dogs up and had a bear coming lumbering off the mountain right behind us, looked our way and beat feet for the next country, I only had a couple young unproven dogs to send after the bear but let them go. They took the track good and opened on the track. They blazed that track and gave chase for a 1/4 mile and ran right into wood cutters, they said the bear went left when it saw them and a minute later the youngsters came blazing in and went right. The pups ended up jumping dear and fooling around before coming back out. Bear made a slick move and laughed at us! Really cool learning experience and seeing how tricky these bruins can be. Back at it tomorrow, so far 3 bears have been harvested according to NDOW and the hunting has been tough, dry dusty conditions.
    Sounds like your out in the backcountry. I thought most bears were messing with domestic horses and tearing into trash cans around the cities?
    http://www.solooutdoor.com/ Contact me for used optic specials!