Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 9 Times in 1 Post
    She's my buddies dog and she's doing good, moving around OK.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Glad to hear she is doing good!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Well, after all the hoopla about the big bear it looks like I might have another friend of a friend with a bear tag that wants to run. He's been trying spot n stalk and busting his hump but hasn't had any luck and seasons getting shorter. I'm excited to get some more hunting in for my dogs before the lions start taking dirt napps. I will keep you posted and continue the adventure when we start the 2nd hunt.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Best get your guide certificate, after this story and more to come you will have plenty forum members hitting you up when we get a tag! Jason's Monster Bruin Guide Services! Just saying.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Haha, that's funny! Its something I've wanted to do for years so don't be surprised! I think it would become to much like work tho! I never wanna take the fun out of it so its a tough decision. Thanks for the compliment tdub.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    This was the most fun ive had reading a thread in a while! Congrats again on the bruin! If you need a tag to fill on the lions let me know, definitely on my bucket list! Ive got just the spot on the mantle picked out for a full mount leaping cat!
    http://www.solooutdoor.com/ Contact me for used optic specials!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Soooo, I'm up cutting firewood today in the mountains that I also bear hunt. I'm loading my truck and another truck comes toodling up the road. He stops and shuts his truck off and ask's "would you happen to know where to find some bears?" This fellow is up from Vegas and another houndsmen I know was supposed to help him out but had other obligations. I proceeded to get to know him and pointed him in the right direction but could tell he had no idea about the area. So, I told him I had dogs and had the next 3 days off so I'd be willing to help him out. He was excited to say the least so then I showed him last weeks bear. I'm excited to get my dogs out sooner than expected and can hopefully show this guy a good time. In another week or so I've got another tag to run as well. Could make for an exciting bear season, can we go 3 for 3? We shall see on the next episode of Jason's monster bruins! Haha

Thanks
    Congratulations
    LOL, I love this TV show! Can hardly wait for the next episode!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Hey keep it on this form! I dont have TV! LOL

Thanks
    Congratulations
    We hunted hard Saturday, ran every road in the mountains and found another HUGE track. Turned out the hounds, they cold trailed for awhile when it seemed they heated it up. Over about 2 hours they went from lower, thick pinions to over 8000' on top of one of the nastier peaks in the are. Really rocky with several old abandoned mines. They trailed into the rocks nice and steady and then just split up and scattered everywhere. They never did catch up to this bear and when his trail hit the rocks and they lost it. Spent the next hour or so rounding up dogs. In a nutshell we hiked about 3 miles and saw a lot of tracks and sign but never put one up a tree.
    Met up with the Vegas boys early today and hit the roads looking for any new sign. Made our loop when I spotted a new track going up the bank. Turned my top dog out and my old buddies top 2 out and they bolted off on the track, we turned the rest of the dogs in and the race was on. I went east to a side road that would cut in behind them and my buddy went west thinking they might loop downhill. I didn't drive 10 minutes when the GPS had dogs treed and I was only 1000yds out. Radioed my buddy to head my way cause I was able to get 650yds from the hounds singing treed! We made our way the short track up the mountain to see all our dogs treeing hard on a good bear. Vegas made his choice and setup for his shot while we tied dogs back from the tree. When we had all but 3 dogs tied the bear decided he was coming down. He climbed within inches of the dogs reach and we ordered the shot come now. Vegas made 2 clean shots on the fly and the bear made his exit fast and furious with 3 dogs on his tail. We turned the rest of the dogs loose to give chase and only worked about 200yds downhill to find the bear in his final resting place. Vegas made 2 perfect shots to the boiler maker in a very rushed situation, impressive. This was their first hound hunt and they were extatic! A beautiful 300# cinnamon boar.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20131027_090819_054.jpg   IMG_20131027_092938_229.jpg   IMG_20131027_092946_838.jpg